Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Stuck at home

Okay, so the gas company is coming to turn the gas on here at the new house. I was told they would be here between noon and five. I haven't had an urge to get out of the house to do anything this morning until now and it is 12:38pm. So now I can think of a million places I NEED to be or errands I NEED to run right now.

I can't stand being forced to be in my house by anything other than my own desire to be here. This is just a part of the rebellious me. Car's in the shop? Yep I need it to go somewhere right now. Stay home and wait for something important? Yep, now I have a very important apt. I must make, on and on.

Plus what makes this worse is that I am currently unemployed or at least working through a temp agency and with my wonderful skills (HR) I am not very marketable so no assignment this week. YUCK!! SCARY!!

I left a very high paying, high stress, highly abusive job in March of this year to strike out on my own (insurance sales) and failed miserably. So after going through all of my life savings, I am reduced to begging help from my parents who are glad to give it with strings attached (to be expected). This would be a livable situation if I were in my 20s and childless but as it is I am 36, feeling aimless, and with child (not technically but G, you know).

I have a house in Memphis that I am trying to sell (realtor involved not alone) but no takers. When it sells I will owe my parents about $10,000 for help and current/back rent as the house we are living in is owned by them.

Anyway, on the one hand I would love to work but I have such limited restrictions that no one really wants me. I don't want to spend 50 hours away from G during the week!!

I am looking into a home based business that doesn't rely on friend and family networking which is one reason I don't stay consistent with Tupperware or Mary Kay or Arbonne. Too many opportunities to make friends mad with persistent "please have a party" requests.

So I guess the rest of this afternoon I will just wait. WAIT. WAIT.


Maybe I will find some other good photos of G to post. She is such a cutie but not very cooperative when it comes to having her photo taken.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I wanted to let you know that I have the same reservations about the selling stuff as you do. To tell you the truth, I was a big time Mary Kay fan for 9 years but I hated the selling aspect. Too much work and I didn't like throwing parties. The truth is, I don't even have any friends interested so I won't be bothering them. The cool thing about Arbonne is you don't have to have any parties at all (which I'm glad about) and if you want to sell something here and there to someone, you can take it slow. Even if you wanted to take a couple months off and sell diddly squat, that would be okay. That's what atracted me because I have 4 kids and I hate pressuring people. I watched my friend Brianne sell $1000 worth of stuff within her first month without having a single party. We only threw her a debut party to welcome her but no sales pitches. So, I'm doing all my selling online and that's the way I want to keep it. Even if you just love the product and you want to get 35% off your purchases for yourself, you can sign up as a consultant for only $29. Let me know if you are interested. You can even sign up under me and I am the most laid back person you'll ever meet! I'll never bug you unless you have a question for me. If not, then I'd be happy to be a blogging friend! Come visit sometime. I have a family blogsite and in my links I have a arbonne website that has my consultant ID. :)