Thursday, November 09, 2006

Two Year Old Rationale

So the other night in bed G was telling me how she wants a daddy. Over the weekend, she heard me and my sister referring to our dad as "Daddy" so this is where this is coming from. Actually, come to think of it, this isn't the first time she has asked for a daddy or asked "where is daddy?" As a standard answer for it, I say, "Honey, I am not married; you can't have a daddy."

So the other night she wants a daddy and I tell her my standard answer. Then she gets pensive and quiet and says, "when I drowd (grow) up, I gonna get married and have a suitcase." I am not exactly sure when marriage and a suitcase came to be together in her mind but I guess it works for me if it works for her.


I will say she doesn't exactly know what a daddy is except a male figure older than her and not her cousin C. I am not sure when she will actually understand and miss having a daddy in her life and home. I am sure we will deal with it later in life; though, I just hope it is much later!!

No comments: