Monday, December 25, 2006

I am behind and I am sorry

So we have had a busy weekend. We welcomed home Caroline and her mom and dad on Friday night. She had a large welcome home party. Then we picked up a friend and drove around Memphis looking at lights. We did that until G didn't want to see anymore "yights" and "Santa Clauses". Saturday afternoon we celebrated Christmas with my Dad's side of the family at my cousin's home here in town. I have pics to post of that evening. My aunt and uncle are very kind to us and give G great toys. My aunt saw her for the first time this Saturday.

We have been at my parent’s house since Friday (every day) since my aunt and cousin are here visiting. Thursday night we went to a party for some single friends who have adopted or are adopting. Tuesday night we were at the CHI family party at a home and Santa came. Well since Santa was there, G and I had to hide. She didn't play with anyone.

Friday morning G woke up with her eye swollen shut. I think she has a cold in both of her eyes. We are treating them and they don't seem to be burning her. We skipped church on Sunday morning because both eyes were swollen shut. She is now running a low grade fever. YEA!! Sick kid on Christmas; just what I always wanted!!

This is now Christmas morning and we have unwrapped everything (that was the favorite part) and it is only 9:30am. So G had a definite idea about what Santa was bringing her. She wanted Santa to bring her "shabin cream and lickets." Translation, shaving cream and lipstick (chapstick). So guess what? Santa left shave gel and “lickets” for G among other things. So she played with the shaving cream already this morning on her table. I will post photos as soon as I can.

All in all it has been a great Christmas and G is getting the idea of it. Last year she was totally over whelmed and confused. I limited her gifts this time. I have something I was going to let Santa give her but I will hold it for her April b-day.


G made some Christmas things for me at school and I must say that was the most fun and best gift I have ever gotten, PERIOD. Of course I wouldn't have gotten those hand-made gifts if not for my wonderful gift of G.

No comments: