Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Yesterday afternoon, I went for a run/walk. I was out between 15 and 20 mins. Doesn't sound like much, especially considering where I was 2 1/2 years ago. I have trained for 4 marathons, successfully completed 2, enjoyed running as a stress reliever and way to socialize for 4 years, but now due to many reasons, with laziness being one of them, I don't run anymore. My weight does tell that story well too. So I have decided until I get a jogging stroller or until G can ride a bike without killing herself, I will run Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Those are the days my dad picks her up from daycare.

Tuesday dad picks her up and takes her to the grocery store then I meet them at the parent’s house for dinner. Wednesday, dad picks her up and feeds her at the church and just the two of them share a meal. Because of this meal we are learning that G eats a lot of stuff that is good for her. She now eats salad and some other things. Friday nights G again goes with dad to the grocery store and some Friday nights she spends the night with them. Actually that is becoming more of a regular happening, the spending of the night.

I don't mind really. Sometimes it does cause difficulty with discipline etc. Like last night, I decided we would leave when the Barney video ended. Before it ended though, G wanted grandad to go play in another room and told him to turn off the video. I told her if the video was off we would leave. So she took that to mean she couldn't go play with grandad. So my dad tells her to come with him and leaves the video running. She goes and comes back to tell me, with big tears about to fall, that grandad is playing the game she thought I told her she couldn't play. Technically I did tell her she couldn't play. Mainly I told her that she couldn't turn the Barney off in order to stay longer. I just didn't get that direct with her.


I know this sounds confusing. I didn't care that she played with grandad but I did care that she attempted to delay our departure. I am trying to get to bed before 8:30pm and asleep by 9pm or before. She needs to rest and so do I. She doesn't like to get out of bed as soon as she wakes up anyway and she is becoming more difficult to wake up. I am so glad First Thing is a 9am to 5pm job here in the city we live and go to school. Poor thing will be in shock when kindergarten starts. She won't know what to do having to get up that early and frankly neither will I.

No comments: