Friday, April 20, 2007

Birthday celebrations begin

Last night we headed out to the pizza cafe to meet our newest from China arrival. There were 7 Chinese adoptees, one friend and one big sis and all the accompanying adults. We cordoned off a section and stayed within that section until time to leave. I think the wait staff was ready to see us go. All the girls did really well socially except mine. She was so jealous that I spoke to other kids and that I (gasp) took their pictures. I will post when I get it downloaded.

Anyway, Glenys received her first bday gift. And the gift giver didn't leave the other girls out. They all got tiaras (sp?). Glenys' head is too big to wear hers though. Plus Glenys receive the bonus of toe polish(no we don't have fingernail polish yet) of blue and pink and "lickets", three colors of lip gloss that can be worn like a watch to keep it with you and stay lickets fresh all day.

So last night after bed, Glenys had me paint her toes blue and had me paint my toes pink. Then we both had to wear sandals to shoe off the toe polish. Today is her school birthday party. Cupcakes, Juice, and balloons for everyone, YEA!!!

Tomorrow is another day of cupcakes with our Chinese sisters and a few others at the zoo. We are having a zoo day not a birthday party but a zoo day with our friends. Next year I will check on the whole birthday party at the zoo thing.

Sunday is the official 3 year old day and we are having lunch with the parents when all the gifts are bestowed. I may decide to give her my bday gift tomorrow for the zoo. She will want to take her own pics.

So let the festivities begin!!!!

2 comments:

searchanddestroytwins.blogspot.com said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR GLENYS,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
...AND MANY MORE.


p.s. I've added you to my blogroll.
Hope that's alright. ;o)
Or don't you want my snarky traffic?
Senja.

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Glenys! I am sending your present with Tamela and Gili!! Have a great day at the zoo tomorrow!!

Cheers,
Kim