Monday, April 30, 2007

On the eve of sugery

Dad goes in tomorrow for large scale surgery. They will cut him open from naval down and remove the prostate. He will spend at least 4 nights in the hospital. Mom will stay with him. She doesn't want anyone to stay with her when he has surgery. The doc wants to get started on him around 7 a.m. They will be at the hospital by 5:30 a.m. It is about 1hour and 1/2 away from home. It will be a very difficult recovery for him and for G. See I always bring everything right back to her. She will not understand why she can't be with Grandad.

Oh well. We shall say a prayer for him and hope for the best. I am sure he will be fine.

5 comments:

Dirk said...

My thoughts are with you. My mom went through cancer surgery earlier this month. I hope your dad's surgery will be as successful as hers (which is my odd way of saying - I know how you feel, and I hope you'll have lots of reasons to be happy, soon).

Monica said...

I'll be praying for your dad, too. Keep us posted.

theghelertertwins.blogspot.com said...

My thoughts are with you. My grandfather and uncle both had prostate cancer. Both have done remarkably well. I don't know that coming from a complete stranger will make you feel any better, but I hope for a fast recovery.

Rony

p.s. thanks for the comment on my blog..

searchanddestroytwins.blogspot.com said...

Hugs and kisses from the crazylady.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery and some good results on your dad. Take care of yourself too.
Sen.

kris said...

Praying for your dad Beverly. Hope Glenys is okay too- tough when they don't understand. You guys are in my thoughts.