Friday, April 27, 2007

Shut Up; No She Didn't



Oh yes she did.

She thinks I think!!! Oh I want to thank the academy and my mom and dad and oh you know that other list of people who shall remain nameless.

Actually, I am honored. I really didn't think I could hit a cord with anyone. I am glad I have. There are a number of blogs that hit a cord with me. Sadly I am limited to nominate only 5.

Being given a chance to tell the web world who I enjoy reading because that blog makes me think is an honor too. Of course I don't think I can list the same people again but if I could I would duplicate so many other blogs I have seen nominated. But here is my list of 5 blogs (in no particular order) that make me think:


1.) Noodle and the Goose This blog writer and her family are moving to Indonesia. From what I gather it is for missions. I am very impressed with them to up and move to another country and culture with two small kiddos.

2.) Waiting for Sophie In her blog, Shana shows how to exude grace and forgiveness in the face of very difficult adoption situations, waiting for their son and the loss of one daughter. I don't think I would be as kind as they are in light of how their adoption events have played out. And I love the "Cooking with Sophie Lu" episodes. Sophie is very photogenic and has wonderful facial expressions.

3. Cherry Blossum Baby Christi is a single mom and brought her little munchkin home November 2006. She has blogged about the struggles of being a single parent, like when her keys were accidentally knocked out of her hand and down the drain in the street. She has blogged about her human failures as a mom which indicates her successes at overcoming and moving on. She totally is in love with her girl and seeing her pictures I can see why.

4. Mortimer's Mom Wonderful documentation from a mom of second adoption and the issues with bonding when newest daughter prefers dad. If you are looking into IA be sure to understand all that could happen during the adoption. I totally got rejection from Glenys like this mom received from her daughter -BeachBall. The difference was Glenys came home with me, and Grandad, the object of her affection, didn't. So Glenys was forced to bond to me.

5. Emma-bug A great and funny blog to read. I so enjoy the antics of "brutus the wee" and her mom, Stephanie. Again, reality of IA and the continuation of dealing with outside comments on your family.

For those nominated if you choose to take up the mission here it is.

4 comments:

searchanddestroytwins.blogspot.com said...

You can't tell me to shut up! Only I am allowed to say shut up! I just told everyone you were mature. Geez, keep the illusion goin'. You deserve the kick in the pants, I mean pat on the back. Dust off the oscar gown.
:o)
Senja

mortimersmom said...

well, thank you so much! I'll have to think about it overnight and come up with my top 5.

Shana said...

Awww, Bev- thank you so much! You are the sweetest! Do I have to think now? :)

xoxo, Shana

Elaine said...

Yeah, we are up and moving to another country. Crazy isn't it? I keep saying that it is 'on the other side of the world' but it's the side of the world my girls were born on. So they'll be more at home.
Thanks for the nomination!
Elaine