Friday, May 04, 2007

Dad update

My dad is supposed to come home from the hospital today. G and I went to visit last night. Actually he looked really good at least chest up. He was in bed and as we walked in the first thing I saw was the urine bag attached to the catheter. A girl should never see her dad's pee.

G did really well visiting him. She was afraid to hurt him but she did give him a kiss and let him give her grapes. Yes she went and ate out of his gift basket of food. She also drank his milk from dinner. She was very upset that the lady came and took his tray away including his tea.

We did have to go potty while there and yes G did grab his urine catcher container thingy that was used and not washed. Of course she did it before I could stop her. She has a fascination of grabbing/touching things that are not supposed to be touched in public bathrooms. We did thoroughly sanitize our hands.

All in all it was a good visit. I hope he has gotten the approval to go home. I haven't gotten word yet.


Happy weekend everyone. I will still post the everyday in May photos Sat and Sun.

2 comments:

Monica said...

So glad to hear your father is doing well.

As a nurse, it was eye-opening for me to read your reaction to seeing his foley catheter bag. I guess I just never even thought about it. From now on, I will make an effort to keep the bag of the patients I am caring for tucked away out of obvious sight.

crazylady said...

I'll drink to that.

Though it doesn't take much these days.
Sen.