Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A little more of G

Night before last, G was laying in the crook of my arm as we were drifting off to sleep. I was rubbing her forehead and playing with her hair. She loves to be rubbed or patted when going to sleep. I said to her, "I wonder if your foster mom held you like this at night to go to sleep and rubbed your face like this." She said, "Yes, she did it."

I told her that I thought her foster mom loved her a whole lot. I told her that I was glad she had the time with her foster mom and that one day we would go back to visit. When I say this now G is ready to go right at that moment. I imagine she did sleep with the foster mom and what mom can't rub a baby to sleep if her sweet body is right there. Those quiet moments of the night I think of that foster mom touching G and giving her wishes for her future life.

I truly doubt G remembers how her foster mom put her to sleep. I will say though our sleeping together is coming to an end for G's own safety. Last night or early this morning the cat or dog cut across both of her eyelids and the bridge of her nose. If it was the dog, then God protected her eyes. My dog is 60 lbs plus. The dog jumps on the cat and both are on the bed. The way G sleeps (sideways) lends itself to injury. The cat may have used her face to jump off with but more than likely we are just lucky her lids are intact, slightly swollen, and her eyes are fine. I should have purchased stock in triple action antibiotic cream and band-aids!!


9 comments:

LindaJ said...

what a sweet tender moment, they arejust the best!!!

crazylady said...

google 'cat scratch fever'.
hope it's the dog at fault.

LIZ said...

Just found your blog from anothers. Your daughter is gorgeous. Hope she doesn't get an infection from that scratch. I have two labs and I know how they can land on you when they jump up on the bed!

Diana said...

Poor thing....she is tres cute. you must be one proud mamma. She sounds like quite the entertainer.

A Special Family said...

poor Glenys!!

that's lovely that you instill in her the love her foster family had for her!

Mommy-To-Channing said...

Hey....just came across your blog. I will have to look though it. I too am adopting from Wuzhou....my daughter is Wu, Bao Tao.

theghelertertwins.blogspot.com said...

What a memory.... Rony

kris said...

Ouch! No fun having a dog run across your face, right? And I'm betting it's probably true she slept with her foster mom... I hope you guys are able to one day go back.

redmaryjanes said...

Wow, all of my friends are over here. I'd better post a comment too! Your daughter is lovely.