Thursday, June 14, 2007

My mother's porch



I meant to post these pics with the porch meme I did. My mom and dad built the house they are currently living in. Initially my mom wanted a porch so she could sit outside and enjoy the evening. The problem with it was the way the porch was included in the house prevented nice evening breezes and in the south in the summer there are mosquitos, horseflies and deer flies. All of which bite. So in the remodeling of the house she did away with the original porch by incorporating it into the living/dining rooms of the house. This was what she created instead.

3 comments:

theghelertertwins.blogspot.com said...

What great curb appeal! Beautiful.

Rony

crazylady said...

thats quite a fortress gate protecting entry.

You been cheatin' on me?

Beverly said...

I would never cheat on you Sen.

me