Monday, June 18, 2007

OOO Lawd...

I have something to post now. G is currently hysterical in her room flipping from "mama" to "mommy" and crying uncontrollably. I had let her go to bed with me and warned her that when lights went out she was to be asleep. 25 mins later I start to pull her sippy cup from her and she, with eyes wide open, looks at me and says, "Hey, why you take my sippy cup?" I said, "Why aren't you asleep?"

Then she starts to pitch a fit about wanting me to rub her leg. Well, I had been a little and it was apparently keeping her awake. So since I stopped rubbing her leg, and I am trying to be consistent in the "Do not give in to whining" issue, she kicked me. So I took her to her bed. That was about 20 mins ago. So now we have been awake after lights out for an hour. She is still hysterical and I can't give in. We had done the go to sleep after lights off for 2 nights home and then this.

Oh and she has 6 mosquito bites on her right now so I gave her Benadryl for itching and fast falling asleep about an hour and 15 mins ago. Something is very wrong with this picture.

PITY ME OOOOOHHH PITY ME!! My stomach is literally twisting with every "mama" she utters. I want to make a rule that she can call me "Bev" when she is upset and "mama" when she isn't. Do you think that will work?

5 comments:

sherri said...

oooh...hang in there girl! Be strong!

sherri

crazylady said...

Oh it's just power struggles. I am immune ....I got shots for that.
You're the wo-Man.... sit tight.

Heather said...

Your daughter is adorable! I hope she got to sleep, for your sake. Just to let you know...Benadryl sometimes works in the opposite manner on some people and keeps them awake/hyper rather than making them sleepy.

Diana said...

Sounds like you have the opposite effect happening here on little Glenys. Made me laugh about the calling "Bev" vs "MOmmy", less pull at those heartstrings. I feel your pain girl.

theghelertertwins.blogspot.com said...

Be strong. We're here for you..