Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Summer in the Delta

It has been extremely hot here lately. We missed spring completely going from winter to hot August summer over a weekend it seems. Yesterday at noon it was 99 degrees. It made me physically sick driving the 1/2 mile to my house. It is also very humid.

Day before yesterday was also a scorcher so when I picked up G from the daycare I decided to let her play in the sprinkler. Plus I needed to water the front grass. I put her in her swimsuit and off we went. I of course stayed dressed in my work clothes. Our neighbor Mr. Butch was out and he decided to turn on his sprinkler for G too. His is much nicer more of a mister whereas mine is the traditional type. But would not go by herself through any of the water. Needless to say I was pretty soaked when we came back home. I have no pictures obviously but wish I did.

Last night G told me we needed to bring the pool from Grammie's house to our house. I may just go get a small wading pool for her. Problem with that is mosquitoes and animals drinking out of it. Maybe I can find one with a top like the sandbox.

Today is another scorcher. Plus we are supposed to get rain. Problem with that is it won't be enough rain to cool the weather down but will only add more humidity. Literally feels like Guangzhou in July and Aug.

Me

No comments: