Monday, September 24, 2007

Conversations with G

Before I forget this one:

Sunday morning as we begin to wake up, G leans over and gives me a kiss.

Then she says: "Mama, do you're mouth smell stinky?"
Me: "Um yeah probably."
G: "Well, den why did I kiss you?"
Me: "Um I dunno."
G: "Well, probly cos I wub you." (wub=love)

Sometimes she just melts my whole heart.

She is not one to initiate affection. She very rarely chooses to kiss me first and only has started doing it sometimes within the last year. We have been home two years. Attachment is a life long process and I am enjoying every minute of it.

12 comments:

Salome's Mom said...

That is the sweetest thing I have heard in a long time.

nikki said...

Aw, sooo sweet.
I'm glad you left me a comment today - I love your blog. Glenys and my Lily sound a lot alike!!!

Princess Diaries said...

Now that is the sweetest story, Miya doesn't really initiate kisses either. She has to be in the mood. But when she is I totally eat it up.

Cindy from central NC said...

Beverly, that is so so cute. Glenys seems to be talking beyond her age...what a smart little cutie-pie!
-cindy

kris said...

that melted my heart too :O)

Sharon Flath said...

That is a beautiful story!! You are getting wiser everyday also I'll bet! Is there anything that grows you up faster than adoption? My Britton is feeling the pressure of no date for the approaching homecoming which is her first. She is taking it out on me and I need to grow up quick to deal with it! haha

Wendy said...

My kiddo is the same way. Never can sit still long enough for hugs and kisses, but when it's her idea it's the best thing ever.

Christy said...

That is far too cute!!! You gotta have true love for someone if you are willing to kiss them with stinky mouth!!

Christy :)

mommy24treasures said...

she is so funny. Such a cutie inside and out.

Sherri said...

That is soooo sweet. I bet your heart just melted!

Ms. Dragonfly said...

that IS so sweet.
True love loves you even when you stink.

Susan said...

Wow, if that isn't attachment, then I don't know what is. Very cute story! It sure made me smile.