Monday, October 29, 2007

And Sometimes It Will Backfire

So I have been telling G that she needs to let me brush her teeth once a day (she does it the other time) and let me floss her teeth or else her teeth will fall out like Grammie's "and then we will have a big mess."

Last night in the midst of our continuing bedtime drama (whole other post), I, out of frustration with her lack of cooperation, sent her to bed without the flossing and mouth washing. Then the tears start.

She was crying very hard telling me how her teeth were going to fall out, as of that instant, and then "we will have a big mess." This drama lasted about 10 minutes mostly because I couldn't stop laughing long enough to get her. Eventually the laughter subsided on my part enough for me to pick her up out of bed to floss her teeth to which she replied, "Eww wook at that food, mama."

7 comments:

Sharon Flath said...

Soooo cute!! I love hearing these adorable moments of child raising!

kris said...

Hey. At least you found a way to get her to WANT to have her teeth flossed. My mom struggled SO hard with me!

Kikilia said...

That is sooo cute!

Aren't bedtime routines- trying to establish them, or lack thereof- interesting?

Andrea said...

LOL! I'm so putting this down on my "Things to do when Tree Faerie is that age" mental list.

Just a random hit from Blogher Ads. Thanks for the entertainment!

The Byrd Family said...

That is precious!

Heather said...

Flossing? Way to go! I can't even get my own teeth flossed, much less my children. And my uncle is a dentist. Shame on me.

http://3boysundermyroof.blogspot.com

nikki said...

OK, our girls sound SOOO much alike...if we lived closer we could spend much time together chatting about it all (over coffee, of course!)