Friday, October 05, 2007

Retro Friday


This picture was taken on October 20, 1990, the day of my older brother's wedding. This is my dad. Doesn't he look so very young? 17 years ago this month.
I so adore my dad but we have a difficult relationship. I could probably count on one hand the number of times in my adulthood that we actually hugged and this pic is one of them. I think we are both hard headed and are both "right" that we sometimes, well always, quarrel. I am much more vocal about my opinions and I know that gets on his last nerve.
But I look so much like him with his deep set blue eyes that it is scary. He is a handsome man not a particularly pretty woman. This pic was taken two months prior to a car wreck where I went through the windshield. I have really been a difficult child to my parents come to think of it.
Bev

4 comments:

theghelertertwins.blogspot.com said...

Wow, you do look like your handsome dad. Very beautiful.

A Special Family said...

Very handsome Dad.

I can relate, I have a similar relationship with my mother!

Sharon Flath said...

You are precious and beautiful! I know your parents must love you the best. We are the good, easy kids and I see that our parents always have their eyes and hearts tuned into the difficult ones! Have you ever heard the book, 'love languages" it help get along when you understand each others. Some people feel or give love through words, others, works,gifts, touch etc. Your dad seems to give love to you through works(mowing your grass)..what else? What makes you feel loved by him? IS it words, touch? But not works? Thank you for sharing like you do. It means alot to me to read such honesty!

Sharon Flath said...

PS I had to stick in my thing about OCT 20th. That is the date I felt like somewhere in the world, my daughter had been born. I keep looking for it on the waiting lists. This child I have is 12.2 so I better realize its just a silly thing but I still can't get over it. I also never thought I could be so in love with a photo!!