Monday, October 01, 2007

Weekend Recap

450 posts in a little over a year. Cool huh? Big celebrations coming for the 500th post I promise.


So yesterday I was denied my Sunday nap and that is such a big deal because literally it affects my whole week. Anyway, after realizing I wasn't going to be able to take a nap because G was way to busy to allow it, I set the jumper up for her and then like any grown up I pouted. I know I know, real mature.

Finally I got a grip and set my oil paints up outside in the wonderfully cool afternoon and painted for about 2 hours. G was fascinated by the whole thing. She kept telling me what colors to use and to color in the lines. She was adamant that I do it her way. She wanted to help me anyway she could. Finally a neighbor came over and took her for a walk. The best part of that was she actually went with this neighbor whom she really just met but whom I have known all my life.

Back to the paintings: I added touches on one,

added some color to another and started a brand new one, got the first layer on. Of course now in the pic the moon is a bit lopsided on the one.

I am trying to be creative because this maybe everyone's Christmas gift. I need to get some smaller canvasses though so the pics. won't take as long.





And I found a new use for the piano, holding paintings while they dry!

5 comments:

Elisa, Jarrod, Thomas & Zoe said...

I love the moon painting, is that a painted red thred on there too.
very nice!

Wendy said...

Those are beautiful!!! I've always wished that I oould paint. I can barely paint a blank wall.

Courtney Mei & her Guinness said...

Very beautiful paintings. The one with the moon has an ethereal quality to it...

~Dawn

Salome's Mom said...

Very talented, those are great!

Molly's Mum said...

These are AWESOME!!!! I adore the one of Skull hill.