Saturday, October 13, 2007

What a Day

First I have to tell you how smart my dog, Clementine is. As I was sitting here looking at the pictures from the day, Clementine was attempting to get my attention. I said, "Do you want to go outside or take a nap?" and my dog turned and went to jump on the bed looking at me expectantly. So I left the room and she stayed taking a nap with G for about 10 mins. Cool huh?

Now on to the day, we had great fun along with every city employee and their extended families. Today was city employee appreciation day. By 10:15 am the place was packed. When we left sometime after noon the cars were lined up for a long time in a still line.

G had one melt down as soon as we got past the tigers (first stop in the zoo) because she stayed awake too long last night and got up too early this morning. She was already tired and the change from summer to fall gets her emotionally. The funny thing is when I told this to Shay she said it does the same to her.

But the weather was nice and it was cool in the shade. We drug our friend Shay along even though she is coming down with a cold. The pandas were outside playing in their yard. The turtle in the aquarium was out of its shell. The new colt was walking around letting us pet it. G got really close to the chicken walking around.

G went by herself into the prairie dog den after going with me and Shay once each. We didn't make it to the polar bears today but we did see all 3 tigers. Even the elephants were out closer to the fence and people. Then we went and had lunch and G fell asleep on the way home. I moved her to my bed and just 5 mins ago she woke up and is now back asleep in my lap.

If it were closer to 7pm I would just go to bed with her but oh well. Now on to some pics.







Baby monkey in the panda exhibit.





A very tired little girl.

5 comments:

Salome's Mom said...

She looks like a little angel sleeping. She had a great adventure.

Christy said...

OH she looks so cute. I love to see her in pics. very cute!! My kids always had melt downs when we had big days ahead of us. Lack of sleep was usually the reason.

Very cute pics and Im glad you had a good time.

Christy :)

Courtney Mei & her Guinness said...

Looks like Glenys must have had a blast seeing all of the animals because she got all tuckered out!!!

A very good day indeed!!! :)

~Dawn

Elisa, Jarrod, Thomas & Zoe said...

What a fun day, no wonder she is all tired out!

mommy24treasures said...

sounds like a fun day. THe meltdown was of course very normal!
Better to go ahead get itout of the way first thing and then have a fun day! Love the sleepy pic.