Saturday, November 17, 2007

Great Ending to an Okay Day

I am on a roll as far as stressful days, beginnings and endings. Tonight after being at my mom's all day I came home to let the dog out and a smell hit me as I opened the door. The dog got sick in her kennel and since she was in it all day she was in IT all day. It was the bad end sick. She had gotten sick early in the morning (3:50am) that I didn't realize until I was ready to leave this morning. So I got that cleaned up and assumed (wrongly) that she was done. Oh I was very wrong.

I had a terrible mess and the dog was a terrible mess. The smell is still in my nose and on me. I bathed the dog already. It is still on her too. She sleeps with me, yuck. I can't leave her out all night, and I can't kennel her tonight. Poor sick dog. It is all from a few pieces of cooked deer steak I gave her last night.

I used to like deer but when my mom said she had some that she would fix for us I got to thinking about it and really decided I can't eat it. I can't eat it; it is a total mind block. I would be a vegetarian if I thought about the pieces of meat and where they came from, so I try not to. If I visualize it I can't eat it. My nephew killed his first deer or actually shot his first deer, but someone else had to finish it off. It makes my stomach turn. I would never have survived on a farm nor in the days of hunting. I already know that. It is totally Divine Intervention that I was born in the time that I was.

Anyway, the dog is still a bit stinky, and I may have to bathe her again tomorrow. She has only had this kind of sick two other times in her life with food being the precipitating factor, but I can't remember what specifically the food was then. Well anyway, she won't be getting anymore deer, and I won't be leaving her for 9 hours again. I can also say it isn't old age. The other two like this sicks were when she was 1 or 2 years old and then around 4 years old. I have had her since she was 8 weeks old. I just feel so badly that she had to suffer today. I should always listen to the gut instinct that told me to go let her out at noon when we came through town.

Oh and my dad caught a rat snake in my mom's garage this morning. Thankfully, I was on the inside when I saw it first. Then he picked it up and brought it through the house. YUCK! Also, I had barely missed seeing the snake earlier when I got there and opted to go in the front door instead of the garage like I usually do. Lucky me!

1 comment:

mommy24treasures said...

OH I have been there on the sick dog stuff, the kids feed the dog stuff or leave the pantry open and oh my gosh I have had very sick stinky little puppies.