Sunday, November 18, 2007

Sunday

We returned for a visit to our home church this morning. It felt so good to be back if even for a Sunday. I may try to make this a once a month trek. It felt good to have my dry and thirsty soul watered. G did not act so hot in the Sunday School class. She wouldn't let me take her to her room so she stayed with me in the babies room. It was awful having her with me. I need to just drop her off in her own room. Next time I will without warning. It is the warning that made her cry when we got there.

Tonight we are going to my mom's church and the community service. Three of the churches get together in the town to hold one service with a fellowship after. So we are going to that. Then on Dec. 9 we are going back to my church in the evening for the Messiah concert. I am so looking forward to this Friday when I can start playing my Christmas music. I am not one who enjoys Christmas coming before Thanksgiving.

I am also looking forward to Thanksgiving. It has become one of my most favorite holidays as an adult. I don't like the food but I do like the meaning behind it and the reason for it.

Tomorrow I will post photos of the girl because that is really all anyone wants to see, right?

4 comments:

Jeff and Valerie said...

I would love to see photos of your girl!!!!

I too do not want to hear Christmas music until the day after Thanksgiving. I have no idea why. I love it though and am always sad to pack away the CDs after Christmas!

mommy24treasures said...

I am not crazy about the food either. But like you I am thankful...
Glad you enjoyed going to your church service.

Salome's Mom said...

I love Thankgiving. Now give me pictures of Glen.

LaLa said...

Yes..pics please : )

I don't like Christmas coming before Thanksgiving either. This year I am forced to do my decorating early b/c we are leaving for Disney on Fri and I want to come back home to Christmas LOL

Glad you had a wonderful time at church.