Tuesday, November 20, 2007

WTF? WHY?

Why would the media go in search of the mama to Angelina Jolie's Ethiopian child? What is the purpose of sharing all the personal information on Zahara? This stuff just pisses me off. How dare they post to the public about Zahara.

It seems from the article they are just looking for a fraudulent adoption to taint IA again. There is no need to do so. If they want to look fine but don't publish the private info on the child for everyone to know. This kid will already know she was adopted and will now have no info to share when she deems it appropriate to do so.

I don't envy Angelina and all the publicity she receives. I feel sorry for her kids having their lives exposed like this. I don't think it is fair at all. If you want to bad mouth the celebs go ahead I think it is rude but leave the kids out of it.

6 comments:

Salome's Mom said...

The media is disgusting and sensationalist. They know that the American public (who does not know jack shit about adoption to begin with)is going to latch on to one more IA story to bash IA parents for adopting outside the country. They don't care about any child, least of all one they condisered privileged.

Anonymous said...

Frustrating does not begin to describethat, what an invasion of that childs privacy. I would be so upset

Lauri

Katie said...

I agree 100% with you :(

A Special Family said...

I actually wrote a letter to a well known media chain asking them to remove this story from their site. I talked about how this information is private for her children etc. I was in awe when they took it down.
I find it sickening that tablods go in search of this stuff. The problem is we buy those mag's and papers and so they succeed. You've very right B, I don't envy her children, its too sad that they will have the media splash personal things about their birth families for all to read....

Tasha said...

when the 'story' first broke, the mainstream media said the agency confirmed the mother died of AIDS. Now, the mainstream media is saying that this woman is the birth mom. Has this been confirmed? I'm confused as to how it went from 'alleged birthmom' to birthmom.

kerry said...

I saw an article about it today in a dutch newspaper and was simply horrified. Period. I agree with you completely.