Thursday, December 06, 2007

Conversations with G



So G doesn't like Santa at all. This started last year and hasn't resolved itself yet. So the other night as we are drifting off to sleep I ask if she would have her picture made with santa. She replied with a pretty quick no but I couldn't let it go.

Me: "well what if I stood beside you, would you then have a picture with santa?"

G: "no, I might be scared."

Me: "well what if I gave you a prize for having your picture taken with Santa? I don't care if you cry or not."(see I am not heartless, it doesn't have to be a happy pic.)

G: "Well, well, mama, um how about dis? How about I get a pwize anyway and not have my picture with Santa? Now dats weeyawie(really) a good idea."

Me: "yeah, um, no. No Santa, no prize."

12 comments:

Super Mommy said...

Smart girl - just give her the prize already! One year I had to hold Jasmine while we stood by Santa - and she frowned in the photo. Last year she stood by him -this year she actually sat on his lap! There is hope.

Love the photo!
Nancy

Christy said...

Oh that is so funny. Love the way the kid thinks-- great idea-- get the gift for nothing- SMART GIRL!!!

Christy :)

mommy24treasures said...

I love her wheeling and dealing!

crazylady said...

wait for my post tomorrow and show her... truuuuuust me

Donna said...

Cool jacket. Glenys is one smart girl.

chloesmama said...

Great conversation! It'll be interesting to see how it works out. Will you force the photo? I'm not sure what I'd do...

laurel said...

That is hysterical! She looks so cute in that jacket too. Very cool!

Lauri said...

Cant blame the girl for trying... very smart girl

Liz & Ava said...

Love her logic!!!

kris said...

i guess this fits under "too smart for her own good", huh?

nikki said...

Seriously, Glenys and Lily are soooo stinkin' similar.
I still say that getting the two of them together would be the funniest thing ever!
Love that conversation!

Lauren and Ed said...

What agreat story! She is a smart cookie!