Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Conversations with G



So Friday night we were heading out to dinner with a friend and as we were passing a big truck over the bridge G literally out of the blue (to me anyway) said, "Oh I know what I want to be when I gwoew up, a twuck dwiver."

I said, "to drive big trucks like that?"

She said, "yes." Okay so now I will have a petite Chinese over-the-road truck driver for a daughter. I just hope she learns to do it in heals and a frilly dress.

Yesterday morning I was getting the clothes ready for G to wear and I picked out her frosty the snowman socks. As I showed them to G she started this diatribe about why she just couldn't wear them: "Well, but momma, see dey hab a snowman on dem but it's not snowing outside, so I cannot wear dem today, okay?"

She wore them anyway because it is Christmas time and she has to wear all of her Christmas stuff this week.

Last night while picking up another round of antibiotics for this sinus infection I can't get rid of, G wanted some stickers. I took her back to the sticker aisle and she picked out the Xmen stickers.

I said, "Those are boy stickers."

 She said a little flabbergasted, "No dey are not."

 I said, "yes they are, they are scary boy stickers."

She said, "Well, I will just attend (pretend) dey are gurl stickers, 'kay?"

She ends most of her questions with "okay," "'Kay" or some variance. Sometimes it is funny.

13 comments:

chloesmama said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love your reports of "conversations with Glenys!" I can just see her driving a truck in a frilly dress and heels, too! But Beverly, I have to tell you, "there are no such things as boy things and girl things." I say that a LOT in kindergarten--lots of the girls like "boy" stuff, and lots of the boys like "girl" stuff. They can give each other a hard time. :)

Sharon said...

She is beautiful!! Hope you feel better soon!!

Christy said...

Totally funny. She says such funny things. Love the petite truck driver in heels-- gotta love it!!

Christy :)

The Byrd Family said...

Wow! I am sooo behind on checking on my blog friends! I love the Christmas socks and Lottie and Emma have those same shoes! Lottie likes the sound they make on the hard floor.

Kikilia said...

That dress is so cute as is Glenys in it!

Oh and her logic/reasoning to you about the stickers- priceless.

So, did she get the stickers?

laurel said...

Darling dress and a cute conversation. This girl has a quick mind. She thinks of the most amazing things.

crazylady said...

she scares me a little.

I see law, not driving in the future.
Kay?

Ava Baby said...

What a doll!! I look forward to having conversations with Ava.

Super Mommy said...

Glenys is so stinkin' cute! I love her little Glenys-isms - she is one smart little cookie! Nancy

mommy24treasures said...

she has such a precious personality, I know she keeps you smiling all the time. love the reaoning on the socks!
Hey check out Caityln today she decided Santa was ok!

Susan said...

Glenys' conversations are so entertaining. I don't know how you keep from cracking up all the time.

Personally, I think she's going to be a politician when she gwoews up.

Salome's Mom said...

What are you talking about woman? She is always says cute stuff.

Sister-Mom said...

She's GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love her outfit too!
Happy Holidays!
Luv, Sister-Mom & Sophi XO