Friday, December 28, 2007

A Couple of Things

Who ever you are from Pakistan, welcome, and I wish you safety in this severe time of testing. Prayers to you my friend, who ever you are.

Okay, now for the job update. I wore my new fancy schmancy shoes and was complimented by one of the staff members. Then I was hit on by one of the larger security guards, ugh! Then I was drug tested which is no biggie except that I knocked the cup off into the toilet right before I peed. Great huh? Too embarrassed to tell her what I did. Could not wash my hands and yes I pulled the cup out and peed anyway. Which is just gross. After she allowed me to flush I washed my hands really good. If anyone peed with anything in their system it will show up. I am such an idiot. Just want to hurl thinking about it!!!

Then I spoke with one of the owners who had heard and believed the horror stories from Gmark, the psychologically damaging place. He totally understood. I think if the drug screen goes well, then the job is totally mine. We even discussed the terrible life change I will have to endure with G, getting up earlier and the new longer drive. They will be flexible with the coming in time. Maybe I can work 8:30 to 5:30. Or 8:30 to 5 with two to three late nights a week, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday some. Those nights my dad usually picks G up from daycare anyway. I asked mom if dad would continue to do so even after retirement so if this job pays well enough I can take it.

I don't think I will try to use it as leverage because honestly I currently have time to follow over 100 blogs and play 10 games of spider solitaire 3 days a week at work. WAAAAAY TOO MUCH FREE TIME!! Everyone here has it. There really isn't enough work for all of the "Friends" of the owners. Also, under my current supervisor I will never get any where. This is not really an expandable position and she never gives anything higher than a 3 out of 5 on eval. to anyone. The owner's son who supervises people gives a lot of 5s. So although I could truly do a lot more than I am doing now and would do so willingly, I am held back to keep from having anyone lose their current position.

If I am offered and accept the job, I will have a lot less time on the internet so I will not follow as many blogs or not read the full scale version of every one's blogs. Mostly will look for picts. I also will not be a regular poster on my own blog. Of course that depends on how much free time I get at the new place. Also, depends on how fast the new computer will be, heh!

Truly if it wasn't for G, this would be a no brainer. But because I don't get to spend that much awake time with her now, it will be harder. She is getting older and soon will be able to totally get herself ready with little direction. There may be some times though that she will end up at school in PJs or hysterics. I can already tell it.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Sounds like the second interview went very well, and I wouldn't worry about the drug test. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

The Byrd Family said...

You are the funniest writer! You should really write stories for a living instead! You could do that from home!!!

mommy24treasures said...

aww man I am so used to my Glenys fix, you are just going to HAVE to blog!
So glad you got it!

AZMom said...

Sounds like it went really well. I wish you luck. I understand about the way too much time and no advancement at work. I have the same problem with my current job.

Keep us posted!