Thursday, December 13, 2007

A Proud Mommy Moment

G attends choir and mission friends at my parents church on Wednesday evening. This actually started as just dinner with Grandad at the church. She would stay with Grammie and Grandad through services until this semester when both my parents wanted to attend a different class so my dad started taking G to her classes. She loves them both.

Last night her choir class invited parents, grandparents and whomever to see the class sing. They sang two songs and it lasted all of about 11 minutes. I got it all on tape too but have no way to download it yet. Anyway, I was excited to see it and G sang every song but couldn't do the faces to the face song because too many people were there. At least that is what she told me later. I was really proud of her but in honesty, she almost didn't. When I walked in with her she didn't want to go participate so I told her I would have to leave if she didn't go sing and she finally relented.

Her Grammie and Grandad came to see it too. There are 13 3 year olds and two teachers. They sing with the CD but it was really good. They are learning how to use the "airplane taking off and landing" to teach low and high of their voices. It is very neat to see what they do and how they teach the kids music.

8 comments:

Tasha said...

Awesome! Good thing you caught the performances on tape.

Kikilia said...

That is great! My daughter loves music and would have loved something like that at Glenys' age.

Super Mommy said...

Awesome!! So glad to hear she performed afterall - can't wait to see the video. Nancy

mommy24treasures said...

wow That is wonderful Glenys particpated and did so well! I know you had butterflies and felt so many mama bear feelings from nerves to pride to love....

laurel said...

How fun! What a talented girl.

The Byrd Family said...

Aren't you proud of her for getting up there in front of all those parents? Lottie and Emma would have never done that! Good girl!!!

Donna said...

Yeah, Glenys. Make sure you let her watch herself on tape; she'll probably want to see it over and over again.

nikki said...

That is wonderful! I am sure it was an incredible 11 minutes for you, mommy!
I'm going to Lily's church concert tomorrow night and I'm so excited!