Monday, December 03, 2007

So What Did You Have For Dinner Last Night?

G wanted a square waffle. I agreed she could have that. I started heating the oven and decided to make myself some pesto noodles. While the oven heated and the water heated, G asked for "some of doze." Well, "doze" would be garlic bread chips to eat with humus, which she did. She ate on the humus until the waffle was done then she said, "But furst, I want some of your gween noodles."

I said, "I don't think that would taste very good." She disagreed. So I fixed her waffle with butter, powdered sugar and syrup and gave her a small bowl of pesto noodles, and we ate dinner. She cleaned her plate of the waffle and ate every noodle. Then she ate a fortune cookie that was on the table and then ate a spoonful of peanut butter. This was on top of at least 2 packages of seaweed and several pieces of candy while at the play in the afternoon.

My goodness but she must have been starving. Or we are hitting another growth spurt. Not sure which. I am just amazed at the different foods she will eat. She is so much better than me in trying and liking new foods. I mean who'd a thunk she would like humus, hmmm? I am very glad she does though.

So what did you have for dinner last night? Anything as off the wall as basil pesto noodles and waffles?

17 comments:

Susan said...

Oh, my, you gave me a laugh. If Ting Ting were there she would have gobbled down the pesto and the maple syrup and sweetly asked, "Moe dis?"

Sophie's Mom said...

Ha ha! I've never had humus, but I think my Sophia would have at least tried it. She eats so many things, it's funny. Her Nana fed her spoonfuls of coleslaw one day, and she was just amazed she would eat it! My last kiddo was pretty picky, so it's nice to have a girl that will eat anything going.

Chinazhoumom said...

Kimberly LOVES hummas, tabouli, kibbi etc etc etc- YUMMY STUFF

Salome's Mom said...

Nothing as interesting as you and Glenys had, that's for sure. Too funny. We had black beans and rice, sweet plantains and Yuca chips.

Super Mommy said...

Hmmm, well we had spaghetti, not nearly as exciting of a dish Glenys had! My girls both love hummus - but then they like "dippy" "scoopy" things! -Nancy

Ruby Cate said...

Well, it wasn't last night but if tonight's dinner counts, please put us down for 'Oatmeal Honey English Muffins' with peanut butter & apricot jam & PG TIPS TEA! hehehe

On a cold night, sometimes it's just the ticket. ;)

Oh, and we also snacked on some fresh blueberries & raspberries as well. Ruby's favorite!

-Amy & Ruby Cate

laurel said...

Wow! Maylin pretty much doesn't eat. Wish she would learn from your house

crazylady said...

Our kids love anything that requires dipping. Ketchup, hummus, salad dressing, dip, sour cream etc.

Last night we had nachos with salsa/ground beef/melted cheddar

Search and Destroy love the stuff I don't (good arrangement) like mushrooms, eggs, cucumbers. But their favorite is 'fwewt'

Erica said...

Nope, we can't beat that combo. I actually can't even remember what we ate anymore...I have major Mommy brain! I do have a child who will eat just about anything in any combination though, so I relate to your experience!

MKBookWorks said...

Oh Please! My boogie ASKS for shrimp, clams, sloppers (aka lobster) pesto and feta by name... everyday is a weird food day at the Imperial Palace - as if!

EFP loves waffles with peanut butter, hummus esp roasted pepper, and spicy garlic wontons.. not to surprising for my JiangXi girlie. Noodles of any kind are a bit hit as well. Glad your boogie is eating up!!!

Congrats on a great NaBlog thingy!

Missy

Christy said...

Too funny!! YOu know kids can mix the most disgusting things and they seem to like it. My boys do the same thing and they eat it up like it was candy-- gross. Anyway-- glad she has a good appetite.

Chrsity :)

tracy said...

I am so jealous! Amelia would never touch any of that (other than the candy of course)...she is the pickiest eater of all time. But I do think Jack would eat just about everything you mentioned....Our dinner was way more boring than yours; mac n cheese, baked chicken and green beans.

Tracy
http://ameliarae.typepad.com/amelia_jack/

Steffie B. said...

I can't remember...that was yesterday! lol Probably the scraps of the kids food.....no wonder I'm so fat! lol

Sounds like Glenys is a good little eater! Lucky you! ;)

Magi said...

Last night Sera had scrambled eggs and ham. Jim and I had Italian take-out after she went to bed. This is my first time here. Your daughter is just adorable!

A Special Family said...

Ha, that's funny!
Sunday night was roast night:
roast organic beef, roast potato, parsnips & carrots, red cabbage with cranberries and peas! yummy!

A Special Family said...

p.s.houmus is my fave!!

nikki said...

I am so jealous! Lily is SUCH a picky eater - she would never to
touch green noodles OR hummus!

And every time you quote the way she talks I think how funny it would be to get her and Lily together!