Friday, January 18, 2008

Conversations with G

G has decided she wants to go to the beach. I told her with this new job that would be a very real possibility in the near future. Then she asked me, "Mama, will cwabs peench ow toes?" I told her possibly because I don't particularly like the beach.

Then as I was attempting to drift off to sleep, she kept reminding me what we can't forget to go to the beach: "Mama, don't fowget ow cambra." "Mama, we can't fowget you puter... and my puter." "Mama, don't fowget to bwing toe-eez."(toys in southern, for those who didn't know.) "Mama, we can't fowget to bwing ow towels, or you pills or my medsin."

Of course each time she tells me something my answer is always, "Of course G we won't forget that." Then when I picked her up from daycare her teacher asked me when we were going to the beach. I guess G was talking all day about it. So I guess I had better get to planning a trip soon. Problem is I don't get vacation for a year but I guess I could plan a vacay to the beach next January. We will see. I am not ready for Disney but maybe somewhere. I have family in Ft. Myers. That might be an option for us.

8 comments:

Kerri said...

I love the toys in southern. Too funny!
Kerri and Ruby

Kelley said...

Isn't that how everyone says "toys"? :) (I'm from Mississippi.) You definitely have to start planning a trip soon...maybe a short weekend trip would work for now. I love your conversations posts! (Glad you like the new job so far, too!)

The Princess's Mommy said...

Glad the job is going well! I love your conversations! Too funny! I hope you make it to the beach soon!

Monica

laurel said...

Hee hee hee. Sounds like she has everything planned.

AZMom said...

Disney is a huge ordeal...I agree..wait. LOL

A beach trip is great. They get dirty and wet and can run to their hearts content. They can amuse themselves for hours gathering sea shells. :-)

Awww man, now I want to go back to the beach!

The Byrd Family said...

Come on Bev...you have to take her to the beach especially for sand photos!!!! She is so cute how she was planning it all out!

Salome's Mom said...

One day when she is older and reads these conversations, she is going to be so touched.

Elizabeth said...

As I said before, I'll be MORE than happy to host you two in north Miami. I'm right on the water and have 4 little cousins Glenys's age (3 & 5). Anytime you want to come, just holla.