Thursday, January 31, 2008

My Absolute Favorite Kitchen Necessities

Okay so this is the deal on these pics. The old brown pot holders are the only two I ever use. I have had them 17 years at least. I have others that are nicer/prettier, maybe even more functional but these are the ones I grab over and over. Then the blue spatula/flipper I bought over 17 year ago too from Kroger for 1.99 or 2.99. It was cheap but man it feels good in my hands and I use it ALL. THE. TIME. The baking stone is a new obsession and I love it. Thanks, Pam, she handed it down to me when she moved. I leave it in the oven all the time too. The skillet in the corner of the pic I use all the time too. It is a Tupperware, stainless steel non stick surface; although, I think I have cooked the surface off. I have an identical one though.
For a while I sold Tupperware and was able to purchase both of the stainless steele cookware sets for half the price and I got the wok too. Lurves them all I do. Also in the pic is my very dirty on the outside, Paul Revere teakettle. I have had it probably 15 years. Can you believe the age of this stuff. But I would be totally lost with out it.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Is that a Pa*mpered Ch*ef stone? I used to sell the stuff and my kitchen is chuck full of stoneware. I got rid of all of my cookie sheets and glassware and only use stoneware now. Well, stoneware and PC pots and pans. They are the BEST!!!

Chinazhoumom said...

Looks like someone needs to visit eb&ay!

The Byrd Family said...

You're so funny....I think we need to send you some new utensils though!

Vivian M said...

I have an old thingie in my kitchen too. It's called me! Just kidding. My favorite kitchen necessity is now a microwave. And the fridge. And the phone to dial for delivery!
Oh, and I love my knife set. A good set of knives is a must, in case someone breaks in.