Wednesday, January 02, 2008

New Year's Day-New Experiences 2008



Do you remember this? Okay so we hit the children's museum yesterday for New Year's simply because I am not ready to clean up the house yet.

G ended up not getting a nap yesterday but she did well. I had to threaten her and she had to stay extremely busy, translated: moving. She started to fall asleep in the car on the way home but I again used the parental threat ("You will be sleeping in your own bed if you fall asleep.")

By the way, do you know how many people I needed to call desperately last night? At least 5, do you know why? Because I left my phone at my mother's house when we left and couldn't call a soul. There is something within me that rebels at not being able to do something due to outside forces. If my car is not working or in the shop or there are road advisory warnings, it is then that my very existence depends on the ability to go somewhere. If someone tells me I can't do something, that is the very thing I need to do. Probably if I could conquer that control issue within me, my life would be better.

video videoG at the museum. videoG playing the matching game with Grandad.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I used to love going to those places!
You feel like such an educational type mom. I think that is cool that you are busting yourself on what goes on inside your head. Identifying it is half the battle. Do you want me to ask you some life coaching questions so then you could start asking them of yourself? You could probably think up better questions that hit the nail on the head.

AZMom said...

Looks like so much fun! We don't have anything like that, that I know of, out here. We had one in Denver though.

laurel said...

Glad you had a good time! I love those kind of places too. Happy New Year.