Friday, January 11, 2008

Okay It Is Official

I am sick again. Thankfully I haven't left 1st Thing yet, and can get the nurse to call in another round of antibiotics. Yes, I am self diagnosing. I have been off of antibiotics for 2 1/2 weeks from last time. I woke up with roaring in both ears, lots of fluid there, highly susceptible to ear infections. I have the stuffed up head, and I just plain don't feel good.

G is getting it again too but I will have to wait until I get paid to take her in. Plus her doc is not in on Fridays and we are busy on Saturday. We have pictures tomorrow, priorities, priorities, you know. I may get my mom to take her Monday or Tuesday for me. As I can't really start taking off work as soon as I start, now can I? Besides my mom gets off work earlier than I do anyway.

If this doesn't work for me I will be going for another truck stop doc like last time for the cocktail shot. For G I am going to try otc because this may not be antibiotic need for her. I am more leery of giving it to her and her pediatrician is too. One time he told me I just needed to suck it up and deal with it as there was no infection or need for antibiotic. Although, I didn't really like his answer, I respected him for telling me that.

Some docs just give Rxs left and right because the parent/patient wants them regardless of need. Hers will at least be honest and give me other advice or tell it straight, "fever virus, motrin and tylenol, alternating don't come in." Personally, I like that about a doc. Don't waste my money if you don't have to but give me what is needed.

Okay so this is rambling now, which means my mind is not focusing due to congestion and ears roaring. G is spending the night with the grandparents, I will go to sleep early.

10 comments:

chloesmama said...

Get some rest and get well! Best wishes for some pretty pictures this weekend! :)

nikki said...

No fun at all!
Hope you are on the mend soon...
Sweet dreams.

Super Mommy said...

Sorry to hear that you all are ill. Try to get some rest while Glenys is gone. -Nancy

Lauri said...

feel better... we are sick here too

Gen said...

Whatever you have it has been going around and around and around. My grandpa has had it on and off for 3 weeks. He even topped it off with a side of pneumonia.

Just rest and take care of yourself - I hope that it passes soon.

And I adore your doctor - they should all be so honest!

crazylady said...

but can you hear me now?

I new your head was full of questionable material. LOL.
Hope you get the desired buzz off the desired drugs. Hope Glenys can stick it out.
I hear there is a nasty pneumonia going around this season.

The Byrd Family said...

Oh my Beverly...I am so sorry to hear you are ill again. Praying for ya girlfriend!

laurel said...

Shoot! Get feeling better!

Rony said...

Get well soon!!!

Livin' out loud said...

I know how you feel :-( feel better soon!!