Sunday, January 13, 2008

Picture Day

G and I had our pics made for the churhc directory yesterday. We were in and out in less than an hour. Then we went to Tar*get and lunch. G and I bought Candyland game. She had two dollars that was burning a hole in her hand so I added a few more so we could get the game. It was pretty cheap. 

So when G and I play any game, she sometimes cheats. So I tell her, "no cheating." Well the other day when we played she looked at me as seriously as she could and said, "Mama, no cheapin'." So I told here she could not be cheapin while playing the new game. She really likes to win though so I don't know. She beat me 3 times and I beat her once which made her pretty unhappy. We are going to have to discuss the sore loser mentality but she rarely loses. I am an excellent loser to her.

I will post pics of the picture day when I get them in. I took some of my own in the hall way and will post them tomorrow. Tomorrow is the last day for 1st Thing. It is bitter sweet because I have made some friends there.

Anyhoo, later,

8 comments:

mommy24treasures said...

candyland is fun... I guess not many kids are good losers... :(
Hope you feel better fast.

Elizabeth said...

I used to play and (legitimately)lose regularly at checkers to a seven-year-old I used to babysit. Nothing chapped my fanny like her beating me over and over. She was a horrible winner and apparently I was a horrible loser?? (Sad, but true).

Rony said...

What is first thing?!

Eliza2006 said...

I love candyland! It's hard to believe that I will be playing it with Eliza in a year...they grow up too fast!

Tiffany

Denise Sullivan said...

Aaahhh game night. I loved Hungry Hungry Hippos when I was a kid. The louder, the better. Good times!

AZMom said...

My daughter finally has the concept of not being a sore loser down at 8. My son, OTOH, at 5 is still struggling with it!

I can't wait to see the photos!

Christy said...

It is so good you play games with your kids. It is always torture for me== I need to get over it but I go crazy playing games with the boys. Maybe with Mia she will be easier.

Chrisyt :)

Heather said...

Our stepdaughter (14) showed that she was a good loser this Christmas visit. After challenging me to games of Rummy and getting whomped, she still wanted to play and then celebrated, in a nice way, when she finally beat me. Shows she's a good kid.
Heather BT