Thursday, January 24, 2008

Tax Time & Continued Success

So the benefit of working only one very low paying job is that when you get the W-2 you basically have everything to do your taxes. I completed and filed mine last night. Since I didn't owe taxes because I didn't make enough last year I didn't even have to claim all of my deductions. I mean you can't make less than 0 and the govt won't let you claim negative numbers in order to get more back. So I guesstimated on some of the deductions and lowered the guess so I didn't claim all of the school loan interest or all of my tithing.

Funny thing is that I paid in roughly $472 but I am recouping $2500. No wonder our govt is fiscally messed up. I shouldn't be getting anything but what I paid in. Don't get me wrong I am grateful for getting it back but when I think of the millions of dollars wasted via the US tax laws, I am totally dumbfounded. I actually made so little last year that I got unearned income credit. Also, I still have carry over from the adoption credit that I am exempt this year and will be claiming exemption on my job so I will have more take home pay. I would so rather get it now that at the end of the year.

So because I spent time doing my taxes I didn't up load any pics for Wordless Wednesday. We did go to bed later too but G succeeded in receiving her 3rd smiley face. She even drew it on herself. SOOO EXCITED. I on the other hand failed by my own rules and stayed awake until 11pm trying to sort out what I will do with the refund. I need to have my car looked at since I am driving further everyday, I need to get two new tires, I need to make a dent in one of my debts, I need to pay my tags and car insurance, or I could pay 6 months of daycare to take it back from my parents. They are eager to have me take it up again.

To say I am tired would be an understatement. I think the third cup of coffee I had helped me stay awake. Seems when I have thoughts to process coffee will keep me up. If I don't have thoughts to process the coffee doesn't effect me.

I promise I will return with pics of G soon.

3 comments:

Donna said...

Congrats on the continued bedtime success and the big tax refund. I'm sad that I tapped out my adoption tax refund last year.

Johnny said...

And apparently, everyone will be getting another check!

The Byrd Family said...

I can't stand it when I lay in bed thinking about those types of things! Yuck!!!

Can't wait to see some pictures!