Thursday, February 28, 2008

I don't have much today

but actually I have a lot. I am just so tired from an hour long tantrum G threw last night. She is going through another defiance phase. We were reading her book and she blocked the page with her blankie. I told her to not do that again and she did and looked at me. So I put the book up. Then she went berzerko. 

At that point I just said, "If you are going to cry anyway, just cry in your own bed." Then I carried her in there kissing her on her cheek and ear (I held her facing away from me) telling her I loved her but she needed to sleep in her room.

Then she continued with being afraid and begging. I finally made her get down and come to me. She refused initially wanting me to come get her. See, it is all control related. She even got mad at me for not coming to get her. By the time I convinced her to meet me in the hall way (our doors face each other down a 7 foot or so hall way) I was too tired to go to bed and to involved in the train wreck of a book I am reading to go to sleep.

So she got a frowney face this morning for the tears, we didn't finish the book and I am still exhausted. Then she had the nerve to tell me this morning that she was still sleepy!!! NO DUH!! I can't imagine why!!

8 comments:

Vivian M said...

Girl, we need makeup to cover the black circles under our eyes here. Hope tonight is better!

Chinazhoumom said...

uUghhh- Drama Queens - oh the joy of the young - when they"think" they are in charge - ha ha - they have nto met ME!

Hope you get some sleep tonite
Carol

Steffie B. said...

Oh dear.....you poor soul....I wish we lived closer....you already know I have a TT too....but not for an hour. Hoping things get better! ;)

Kerri said...

Hugs and happy thoughts coming your way...
Kerri and Ruby

The Byrd Family said...

Big Hugs from me and you know I have two of those here....I know how you feel!

Deanna said...

This sounds like our house! Major defiance going on around here. Foot stomping, arm pumping, etc. I have to keep telling myself "it's just a phase". At least I pray that's the case, lol!
I'll try to keep Cackie from teaching Glenys any of her tricks.

Susan said...

Just read this today, after I suffered through the worst tantrum yet this morning. Sometimes Ting Ting gets fussy when I try to get her out the door to go to daycare, but today it was a full blown screaming fit on the floor. When I tried to put her on her feet, she went limp. Would not cooperate with putting on her coat (and we had a fresh coat of snow last night). Finally I picked her up and took her out to the car, coatless and screaming. I literally had to lean on her and hold her down to strap her into the car seat, and she was shrieking so loudly I'm sure people who live four houses away were dialing DCFS. She said nothing but "NO!" to me for the first few minutes, so I told her Mama was just going to be quiet until she was ready to talk. About five minutes later she started a conversation, and by the time we arrived at her school she was cheerful and in a great mood, giving all her classmates hugs. I, on the other hand, am sitting here at work completely wiped out and feeling like a failure. But she's fine -- she's 2, after all! I am just thankful that the tantrums are few and far between . . . she really is a great kid.

Hope you got some sleep last night. I know you're with me when I say that even in the midst of high drama, I wouldn't trade this for anything. Hang in there!

shuey6 said...

YaYa does the same. Lately she cries and says her "tummy hurts." A few moments later, she is happily eating/running/laughing. Drama.