Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Not in the swing of wordless wed yet

G and I had the most amazing conversation last night as we were getting ready for bed. She had started earlier playing with a bunny and calling it her sister. She said that bunny knew everything and didn't have to go to school but would go to work with her. She talked to it, at it and about it. She named it Beverly Baoxiao. Too cute.

Then she started giving long complex syllables for her little sisters name. So then we discussed names for a baby sister. We both agreed on Maria but no middle name yet. G said she would be Chinese like her. I had to sadly correct her and say she may be Vietnamese but would be Asian like G. Then we talked about where the baby sister would sleep and how old she would be and what she could and couldn't do.

Needless to say, G is not ready for a baby sister. She would let baby sister sleep with us on the outside, not close to me, or maybe on G's tummy when she was afraid. But at least she is thinking. And it is a step up from last time when she said baby sister could sleep in her bed alone.

I may check into the Vietnamese process; I am willing to wait for a referral in order to pay off debt and get the house sold and the one we are in bought. I need to pay parents back or have a plan in place for it.

12 comments:

Julie said...

It is amazing how thoughtful they can be at such an early age. I wasn't sure if our Emma was ready, but our son was an unexpected SN referral so we did not have a long wait. Emma really rose to the occasion. There are still issues, but she is a great big sister.

Kerri said...

Thinking about sisters is so exciting!
Kerri and Ruby

Carol said...

hmmmmm I know a 6 yr old girl available from Vietnam............

Kelley said...

Glenys is such a thoughtful smart girl!

The Byrd Family said...

I worried about Lottie being a good big sister because was the only little Princess in the house but she was awesome! I can only give the credit to God!!!!

P.S. Don't forget about Korea!

Heather said...

Howdy Bev,
Hong Kong and Taiwan both have programs. Check our blog over the next couple days for our announcement.
heather BT

mommy24treasures said...

I just love hearing about Glenys's thoughts. THanks for sharing. I think the Taiwan program sounds really great.

Sharon said...

That is so exciting that you both are even beginning to think about a little sister!! I will keep all of your circumstances in my prayers, Beverly.

Super Mommy said...

Baby sister in the future? Sounds exciting! -Nancy

Vivian M said...

Kerri started asking for a sibling right away too, but she was not ready for another year or so.
Now that she is finally ready, we have to wait! ARG!

Gen said...

We have also put some thought into it but we have some hesitation, as well as debt. Perhaps when Lana graduates...

Livin' out loud said...

Glenys, you truly amaze me!! Soooo bright!
Hugs
Susan