Friday, February 22, 2008

Retro Friday



Now these pics are pictures of pictures.
These were in my Grandmother's photos when she died. She had taken the time to separate all our photos to give to us in an envelope. Of course my sister got the most because she was the first grandchild (on both sides) and it is true what they say, "First kid has the most pics." I suppose that shouldn't be a quote since it is more or less just an understanding. Oh well.
I was under the age of 4 in all of these probably closer to 2. My sister used to like me. Okay the one in the striped matching jacket with my brother, I must have been over 4 because he is 3 years younger than me and he looks to be over 1. And yes I am mad to have to have a pic taken and probably to be dressed like him. And my sister used to like me then we grew up and we tolerate each other now. Probably now since she has kids more than we used to.

11 comments:

Sharon said...

What great shots. You all three really look alike. You sister looks alot older than you. It makes me feel sad that you are not closer, probably because I am not with my younger sister either. We just are so different. Living on the opposite side of the country helps so that we are so sweet to each other when we are finally together then its back to not being apart of each other's lives for a year.

I came over to tell you that I had the strangest dream about you last night. You had to go to Europe so you mailed me your two cats and some baby clothes, some of which you had made. but they were all size 2 month and too small and I was horrified to get more cats but as soon as I looked at them I knew I was lost. They were sweet.

Okay, so how wierd is that and what would Freud say about it!!??

mommy24treasures said...

Very retro!

The Byrd Family said...

Okay...Sharon...that is a very strange dream! LOL

I'm not close to my brother either since he lives in Georgia. He is coming for a visit though next month!

Christine said...

What great pictures! Thanks for sharing them. I might just have to copy your idea and post some of my old photos. ;)

~~ said...

Oh, you were adorable.... I love old photographs... opps, sorry I am sure your not that old. :o)
I am sorry you are not close to your sister now... call her.
Patricia

Dawn said...

Love the retro pics!!! I definitely have some dandy old pics I could post.

AZMom said...

Wow. Great pics. You are brave. I don't know if I would stick my old photos up for the world to see. LOL

Have a great weekend!

Vivian M said...

Did your parents call my parents and agree on what to dress us up in? Because I think we had the same wardrobe and haircuts growing up!

Couchkat said...

I love these! :) You three did look alike!

laurel said...

Fun memories!

nikki said...

I love looking back at old pics...yours are cute! (even you and your bro dressed like twins!)

Sorry you and your sister aren't closer...