Saturday, March 15, 2008

Pics of G

Update: 4/18/2014, pictures have disappeared from the blog for an unknown reason.


These are some pics taken on my mother's camera. G on Friday with the snow wearing my dad's cap. G picking flowers the Sat before the snow. G riding the lawn mower with her Grandaddy and both of them with big laughs.
  
I am sitting with the work lap top at my mom's house and getting ready to work. G can't wait to play sesame street on this lap top but I need to work a bit.

Friday was a very busy day. I had a meeting at 11:30 and at 1. I really didn't even want to be there. I scored a blackberry temporarily. I don't know if I am going to convince them to let me keep it or not. I have asked them not to call my cell at all (my dad is paying for it, long story) so I don't want work to ever call it. That is just me!! Anyhoo, I am going to convince them I need it, Ha Ha, and learn how to work it. I don't really need it but I would like to play with it a while. A better phone with internet access would be fine too.

G told me Thursday night that if she were made of wood I would be very "impressed." I told her that I would be sad too. 

She said, "because you not would see the growing changes sudlties?" I said, "Did you just say 'subtleties'?" She said, "yes."


I believe her vocabulary is bigger than mine!! Who uses subtleties? The other night she was having trouble with the word "creation" and since I had no idea she knew the word, I wasn't helping. She got mad at me for not getting what she was saying. Finally I figured it out and we practiced. She is amazing!!

13 comments:

LaLa said...

Great pics...such a smart girl :)

Lauri said...

very smart indeed

Eliza2006 said...

She is a very beautiful girl! There is nothing I love more than hearing the vocabulary explode!

Tiffany

Susan said...

Wow! Subtleties! I'm really impressed.

My office issued me a Blackberry, too. I resisted for a long time -- I figure it's a blessing and a curse, you know? But I'm beginning to see it's more of a blessing.

BEAUTIFUL photos.

Vivian M said...

Ah you are now the owner of a Crackberry...your life will never be the same!
Glenys is amazing. Such a smart girl!

nikki said...

Cute, cute pictures!
And, I love to hear the conversations you have with sweet Glenys - she so reminds me of Lily. (although Lily has never used subtleties in a sentence!)

Livin' out loud said...

Look at those rosy cheeks~!!

mommy24treasures said...

love these pics.

elizabeth said...

RESIST THE CRACKELBERRY!!! You will never be able to return to the world of the 12-key phone. It's fabulous, yes. But addictive in ways I can't event share.
Is Glenys using word of the day toilet paper again???

Kristy said...

She is a doll!! Those are some great pictures!!

Kristy

laurel said...

Wow! Smart and cute.

Heather said...

Brains and beauty. Watch out world!

McMary said...

Very cute girl you have there. I love the pictures but couldn't stay quiet about one thing--the picture on the lawnmower.
I work with a pediatric orthopedic surgeon and the most common avoidable bad injuries we see are children that accidently fall off lawnmowers when riding with some one else. They are so tragic in som any ways--it seems it is usually a grandparent that really meant well but the accidents that happen with lawnmowers are always bad. This surgeon says that his one single piece of advice to parents is to never let kids ride on some ones lap on a lawnmower and to really keep kids completely inside when mowing. After seeing some of the terrible injuries I agree. Now I will get off my soapbox but I am really just doing it for the safety of the kids.