Tuesday, March 11, 2008

We are the proud owner of...



a cat, at least temporarily. I am hoping to take it to the city pound tomorrow. It was left on a country road. That is what you do in rural towns when you don't want a pet you know. (SARCASM in case you can't tell) My parents have been the proud owners of many dogs left that way.

It makes me ill that someone could actually have a pet and then take it out and leave it on the side of the road. I have literally rescued several dogs but this is the first cat. It is beautiful too. It is solid white with long hair and blue eyes. It is smaller than the ones I have already, so it doesn't appear to be very old.
Right now it is in my bathroom with its own cat litter, water and food. Abigail hates it. Simon is all eh about it and it hates Clementine. I think it is a boy. Not sure, didn't want to mess around down there with it being in a new strange place with other critters hating on it. Tonight will be horrible I can already tell. I guess I will put a night light in there for it. Pray we will get some sleep!!

10 comments:

Sanders' Double Happiness said...

He's a gorgeous cat! I grew up in a small town and we lived on corner of a busy street. We also took in many pets that were left on our corner - a German shepherd and more cats than I can count. It is hard to believe people think this is okay. Hopefully all will work out for this cat.

:)
Stacey

youcantstoptheblog said...

I'm NOT a cat person, but that cat is beautiful!!! Did he come complete with the carrier? :)

AZMom said...

Oh she is gorgeous!! We can never have a cat because Bug is highly allergic. We have a dog whom we adore but that kitty is precious!

Johnny said...

At least you had the decency to do what others could not. I just don't understand cowards who can't simply drive to a shelter.

Just little ol'me said...

what a beauty. Hope everyone gets some sleep.

Vivian M said...

Hope you got a good night's rest! The cat is a beauty, and hopefully will be adopted by a loving family soon.
You did a wonderful thing by rescuing it!

missy said...

You are a gal after my own heart. I cannot begin to tell you how many animals I have rescued in my day. I love cats and he/she is certainly a lovely little thing. Good luck!

mommy24treasures said...

you are very kind to take care of him. His eyes are unusually pretty.

Debbie said...

If we were closer I would take the cat!!! We had to put our dog to sleep in January and we are thinking of a cat now! We still have the poodle that seems lonely!!

Susan said...

Beautiful kitty.

I was always a dog person, but we got a cat a few years back, and he is great. Also solid white, with beautiful green eyes. First trip to the vet, the dr. asked if he seemed able to hear -- turns out that white cats are often deaf. My aunt, a cat lover, told me she had always heard that, too. Maybe that's the case with this beautiful animal . . . not that that would be a reason to abandon him or her, of course. There's no excuse for that.

Almost every single animal in my life was a stray, or a shelter or rescue animal. They are the BEST, too. Shame on the humans who tried to dispose of this living, breathing animal.