Saturday, April 12, 2008

Cleaning Not Like a Madwoman

I should be but what happens when I start is I find things like journals and sit down and read them or other memories. G's room and her bathroom are cleaned. The kitchen floor is cleaned. I am working on the rest of the kitchen and got stuck in a journal from 2002, when my grandmother Talley died. That was a very painful weekend for a lot of reasons other or coinciding with her death.

I have decided what to do for her bday party next Saturday. I am getting 9 med 1 topping pizzas delivered from Pizza Hut. I will go pay for them on Friday so the delivery will be Saturday at 11am. I will get balloons because G wants balloons. The wooden toys I got at Target will anchor the balloons and be the take home gifts for her friends. The balloons will just be all over the yard. I have table cloths (princess) for the girls to sit on the ground for the picnic. I will get a veggie tray for the adults as well as pizza and cupcakes instead of a cake for whomever. I won't do ice cream because mostly kids (or at least these kids) don't like it. I will make two gallons of cool-aid and that is it. Adults can drink cool-aid too!! I might get some bottled water too.

The jumper will come out (that is G's fav. part of the plans, that and the balloons). I think that should be a pretty good party, right? All of our China sisters are coming but two and half have said they will be late. After cupcakes I will let G open presents but my gift to her will be open and up.

Since she can't read yet I will tell you, but shhh it is a secret. I got her the Dora Talking Kitchen. She doesn't know and I have no idea if it is a mess to put together yet. I don't even know if it needs batteries or what size. Hopeful my parents will keep her Friday night and bring her home just before time for the party. That works for me so much better than having her here.

Yesterday morning G told me she wants Santa to bring her a dollhouse to her grammie's for Christmas and she will be there, but he can't come here because she "will still be afwaid." Why in April before her birthday does she have Christmas planned I don't know!!


Okay, enough break, time to get serious. Did I ever mention that I am the absolute worst house keeper in the world? It is totally genetic because I am just like my grandmother Talley!! Oh and I am not making an excuse but I literally could clean or work for 12 hours and you wouldn't be able to see what I did but I would have been working steady at it. It totally defies all logic but I have no clue what the helk I am doing. I have all the Emilie Barnes organization books among others like the messie manual. I have read them all too. Can't figure it out!!

11 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

Sounds like a great party. I can't wait to see pics!

tiffany

The Straight's said...

Sounds like you have everything covered and ready for a great party. Looking forward to seeing the pics of your princess!

youcantstoptheblog said...

I'm with you 10000% with the cleaning issue. And why do they both writing books for the cleaningly challenged? By the time If it's time to clean, I want to clean. If it's time to read, I want to read. I don't want to read about cleaning, because I'm certainly NOT going to put that book down and implement the lessons learned. Plus, when I'm cleaning, I'll get up to do something, forget why I got up, engage in something else, get up to complete that task, forget why I got up, and somehow eventually get annoyed and end up on the couch dressed as Aunt Jemima and living in squalor.
BTW, the party sounds great!!!

Craig & Cindy said...

OMG, I totally get hung up on reading old articles and things I've saved when I start "organizing" drawers, closets and the like. So funny to hear that you do that (and yet, sad that you rehashed a painful moment in time).

Glenys part sounds fun and what better time to think of Christmas than in April? It's always in December I wish I would have thought about Christmas in the Spring as a headstart...Smart Glenys.

:)

Cindy

nikki said...

I DETEST housekeeping too.

Glenys' birthday party is gonna be great! How exciting!

The Byrd Family said...

Oh Bev...that sounds like a wonderful party! Good luck with the Dora kitchen!!!

AZMom said...

Sounds like it will be a great party!! We are doing pizza for BB's birthday too at our local Peter Piper Pizza place. Must be on the same wavelength somewhat!

Vivian M said...

It sounds like you have a wonderful party planned. Happy Birthday Glenys!
Don't fret about the housecleaning woes, there is no such thing as ever finishing!

Sharon said...

You are so adorable, Beverly! You have really been thinking this through! It's going to be great and she is goin to love it! I think the balloon with the toy for party favors is brilliant!

Christy said...

Looks like you got it all ready. Im sur it will be a great time. Please post pics-- I need to see some more of your little princess!!!

Christy :)

Ashley Winters said...

Good luck on your party planning. I'm sure it will be fun.