Tuesday, April 01, 2008

A Couple of Funnies

Last night at the birthday party, they played the chicken dance. Do you know the chicken dance? Well, it got stuck in my head, and now yours (HA). How come the dumbest songs do that? I mean I like the song for what it is but not when I am trying to wind down and go to sleep. So anyway G was catching me sing it out loud.

At one point she said, "Momma, stop sayin dat 'da da da'." Then I would be quiet for a bit and she would catch me again. Then she would laugh and say, "How come that stuck?"

Okay so maybe you had to be there for it to be funny but G thought it was funny. And thank goodness I can't recall it at this moment or I would just have to go home!!

Sunday, G and my dad "took a walkin'" out at Grammie's wilderness and forest. On the way back in they walked through some stickers and one jumped up and got G in the thumb and forefinger. I just got the sticker out yesterday morning to much tears and grief.

She was so much more devastated that "Grammie's forrest" had stickers that would get her than the actual sticker, though it did hurt. And she did bleed all over her pale blue velour pants. Silly momma let her wear her good pants on the walkin'. Though the sticker isn't funny per se, her reaction or over reaction to it was a wee bit comical.


It was a rainy day on Sunday so she carried her umbrella but actually, my dad carried it over her. I couldn't find mom's camera for the most precious picture of him holding the umbrella over her. I could see her just talking up a storm because she is like me and uses her whole body to talk.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Beverly, that is such a great post and you don't even have to have a photo because you painted the whole picture beautifully, with words. I might start calling it 'a walkin' too!! I hope Gleny's finger is better, poor thing!

mommy24treasures said...

oh love the story. Chloe uses her hands to talk too :)

Denise Sullivan said...

Those stickers are killer. Glad you got it out. I'm waiting for Nate to get stuck by his first cactus. Those aren't much fun either.