Thursday, April 17, 2008

This Morning

Really began last night. G told me she had a booger in her nose but I thought she was just trying to stay awake. So I told her it would be alright, from my tylenol pm induced sleep it was alright.

This morning I get her out of the bed, not noticing anything because of her hair in her face. Then when I pick her up she puts her face in my neck and holds me tight. Even putting her in her chair for breakfast I didn't notice anything because she immediately lays her head down and I cover her up with her blankie.

But when I placed her plate of waffle in front of her I saw it. I made a horrified look to which she rightly replied, "What's wrong, Mama?" I said (trying to recover), "Oh nothing, you just have a bloody nose. Let me get a washcloth to clean you up, but first let me take a picture." Because I am so loving like that, heh. She even said, "Cheese" for me. As I went to get the washcloth she said, "Oh and my eyes, dey have frosting on dem."

Maybe I should have gotten her that Kleenex last night and not assumed it was nothing!!


Here is my little helper all cleaned up and putting my sweet-n-low in the old risotto container. Makes it easier for me to use. Isn't she just the sweetest?

14 comments:

Kerri said...

Isn't hindsight always 20/20.
She looks like a great helper.
Kerri and Ruby

Donna said...

She's just too sweet, and totally adorable even with the blood on her face. My nose bleed prone daughter would have insisted that I do something about it, and would have gotten it all over the sheets too. I hope she's feeling better.

Debbie said...

I love the attitude in the last picture!!!! And don't worry we all do things like this!!!

Debbie

Vivian M said...

Aw hope Glenys is feeling better. And you too!

Kelley said...

Well, if it's possible to look beautiful with a bloody nose, I'd say that Glenys has managed it! Those are darling pictures (as usual)!

Susan said...

She IS the sweetist. And really funny, too, while managing to be poetic. I'll have to remember that line: "my eyes, dey have frosting on dem." Very cute.

Donna said...

Wow, I bet that was scary! That is the cutest bloody nose I've ever seen though!

Kelly said...

I have done things like that way to often....You just never know :)

kris said...

Yowza now that's a bleeder! I used to get bloody noses as a kiddo.

Super Mommy said...

I would of freaked out! Glad it wasn't that serious. She cleans up real nice!!

elizabeth said...

She looks like she's fresh out of an 80's horror flick. I love that you took the picture. She does look adorable. Did she have to check herself out in the mirror first?

The Princess's Mommy said...

Oh bless her heart. She is so cute, even with a blood face!!

Monica

The Byrd Family said...

Poor Glenys! What a big helper!

LindaJ said...

Lila get bwuddy noses all the time. We couldn't figure out why....um it's cuz she pickies in her bed, then wakes up just like Gleny....so before bed we tell her no picky picky okay? Eh, it doesn't really work, but maybe someday.