Monday, April 07, 2008

Two Very Large Name Brands Let Me Down

Memorex CD-RW discs which I was told was good for storage of pictures and video will not allow me to look at the 2 (TWO) years of pictures and video I stored on them. Well over 10 discs of pics. Some recent pics and some that I didn't get loaded to shutterfly for storage yet!! I am about to be in tears over it. The sony ones are fine. They are CD-RWs too. So WTF is the difference? Thank you Memorex for corrupting my life!!

Then Tupperware, yes Tupperware, I sold the stuff. I used to swear by it. So a while ago, I bought some rice from the Chinese market. I have even used this rice once before with no problems. Tonight however, there are millions of teeny tiny brown bugs ALIVE in the rice. The container is supposedly vacuum sealed. The bugs came with the rice, I have no doubt. But they should have at least been dead by now and filtered to the bottom!! The rice is well over a year old but doesn't it last?

Let's just say, dinner just got started so we will be late getting to bed and I am almost in tears. G told me "Mamas don't cry" when I told her I was going to.

Oh and top all that, my cycle rode in around 2am. I knew it when it happened because everything on me between my neck and knee caps hurt!! Plus I was craving sugar last night so I ate a peep. Being the fair mom I am; I let G have one too. No wonder she didn't go to sleep until almost 11pm.

10 comments:

Chinazhoumom said...

Little note from us inthe South - when you bring home your rice from the store - put it in the freezer (still in the store bag)for a few days (I actually always leave mine in there) - then if you want take out and store in pantry - or wherever you keep yours...You will never get the wheevels in it..
Good Luck!

Kelley said...

Sounds like it's time for some chocolate and a bubble bath. Hope tomorrow is better, and you can save those pictures!

mommy24treasures said...

so sorry for your rough evening.

The Byrd Family said...

Sorry for your rough day Bev....Yes, I agree with Kelley! Eat some chocolate!!

Craig & Cindy said...

Oh my!!!! Boweavils in the rice. (I don't know if I spelled boweaviles right...)

I almost ate a mouth full of those in a cereal bowl when I was like 14. Traumatizing.

I can sympathize. I had a bad day yesterday and I DID cry. A lot. :)

Cindy

Susan said...

chocolate with chocolate sauce!

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

That stinks...hope that this day was a better one!

youcantstoptheblog said...

So it's true what they say about women who hang around together online - they "cycle up". I blame you... I'm WAY off schedule here (Probably TMI for those reading this, but I'm like an open book here).
Bad, bad little black bugs! I've never heard them called a weevel or boweavil or whatever.

youcantstoptheblog said...

Oh, and as far as the CD-RWs, flip them over and see if there is anything "written" to them (you can see a shade difference on the area that has information). If it appears that the disk does have something on it, try it in a different computer. There is a chance that you computer isn't reading that particular disk... I REALLY hope it works.

Heather said...

Beverly,
Those little bugs can stay as eggs for up to 15 months, so put your stuff in the containers and freeze it, like chinazhoumom said.
Heather BT