Friday, May 16, 2008

I Figured It Out

I figured out how to get G to go to sleep. Well, that is until she figures out what I have figured out. She is smart, that one.

I have started putting a cold cloth on her eyes. She has to be still to keep it in place and then she falls asleep. Why did I not try this sooner? When I say all that it takes is her being still to fall asleep I speak the truth, that is all she needs to do and she knows it so she doesn't get still until now.

She has been complaining of burning eyes and twice they made her cry. One day at nap she was using the burning eyes as an excuse not to go to sleep so I thought of this cloth trick and it worked. So we have done it a couple more times and it works. I don't want to over use it, but I damn well will recommend using it several more evenings!!

She was asleep by 9:30pm last night a whole 15 mins after lights out as opposed to the hour minimum she normally stays awake. Yee Haw!! After almost 3 years of not going to sleep I think I have solved it!!

7 comments:

mommy24treasures said...

thats a great idea! IF she gets bored with the cloth you could always get a spa ice mask or a princess type I have seen them! You could give her a nice little massage and pretend you are at the spa. This might make the idea go longer if she suddenly tires of the cloth but hey maybe the cloth will work a long time! I know this is so wonderful after all the difficulties you have had at bedtime!!!! Hooray for Glenys!

laurel said...

She is very smart! I have been amazed at the things she thinks of. Congrats on the bedtime.

Snickerdoodle said...

Hi there, you could also try Kirkman's Magnesium Sulfate cream. This stuff is simply amazing! It's basically epsom salts in a cream form applied in 1 oz doses smeared all over the back.

My dd is asleep in 5 minutes every single night since I've started using it. Now THAT'S a little piece of heaven!!
Snick :)

Donna said...

Cingrats on finding a solution. I may need to try that when Cara is especially restless. I usually hold/stroke her moving hand and/or leg, and that usually does the trick.

AZMom said...

That is a great idea!!! I hope it continues to work!

bevs97 said...

My dd is 10 and she's still exactly the same. She won't lie still, or switch out the light and then she tells me she can't sleep. She comes into my bed, and I switch out my light and lo and behold she is asleep within 10 minutes.

Lauri said...

they sell these rice filled aromatherapy facial/sinus/eye masks. You put them in the microwave until it is warm You can make one much cheaper- fill a cotton sock with dry white rice, add a cotton ball with a drop of essential oil such as lavender and tie the end.

works great for headaches, earaches or sore eyes