Monday, May 19, 2008

May 19, 2004

This is an auspicious day for our family and at the time we didn't even know it. I was doing nothing in particular that day other than in general gathering the paper for the dossier and working. I was logged in Oct 29, 2004 and ended up having a 7.5 month wait, receiving referral on May 23. (So sorry for those with a current wait of much longer.)

G had already been born in April. Obviously she wasn't G then but a name I will never know to a family that gives their appearance in G's features only.

But on this day, G was found by an anonymous man on a street across from the Civil Affairs office in Wuzhou. He then took her to the police station who then took her to the Wuzhou SWI. So as opposed to be sorrowful on this day, and it is a sorrowful day due to the familial loss, I wish to celebrate G's Finding Day!! For if she were not found, then she would not have begun her journey to our family!

Now as she grows up we will find the way to celebrate her finding and mourn her loss of her first family. I give her permission to do so. I give myself permission to wonder about her family and wonder if just possibly the anon man was a family member given the task of taking this now growing baby from the family. Or maybe it was a worker who pulled G from her first family in the name of family planning. These things I will never know.

What I do know is that if she had been placed anywhere other than the side of the street on that auspicious day, our paths may not have crossed and I would not have had the wonderful experience of parenting this child.

So in honor of this day, we will celebrate together and pray for her birthfamily who lost out on knowing this precious gift.

9 comments:

Kerri said...

Happy finding day!
Kerri and Ruby

mommy24treasures said...

Happy special day. I am so glad Glenys is home with her mommy.

Susan said...

Bittersweet, isn't it? I cried all day long on Ting Ting's first birthday, because all I could think about was what her birth mother was missing (TT was abandoned at one day old). Mother's Day is hard, too. It's unfair that our incredible joy came at the expense of someone else's pain. Good for you for being open to Glenys' feelings; I'm sure she'll be conflicted as well. But how wonderful for you both that you ended up together.

Briana's Mom said...

Happy Finding Day!

The Byrd Family said...

This is such a hard day but it was God's plan all along. I am so behind on my friend's blogs.....hope the sleeping remedy is still working, that is awesome!

Bella's mama said...

What an amazing post. It is a special day to celebrate.

hugs,

Krista

Vivian M said...

Happy anniversary of her finding day! Destiny brought you together and your hearts bonded you as Mommy and daughter.

The Princess's Mommy said...

What a sweet post! Happy Finding Day!

Monica

AZMom said...

What a great day!! I too am glad Glenys was found so she could come home to her mommy forever!