Saturday, May 10, 2008

Pics from the Zoo

G kept saying, "let's go see the wonstrich." I kept hearing her say, "let's go see the one ostrich." Well, we have two ostriches at our zoo. Finally it dawned on me that she wanted to see the rhinoceros. Yes we have one very old and lonely wonstrich!!


Next is an African millipede. Don't let the picture fool you. It was as big as the palm of my hand and as round/thick as a finger.


Do you know the difference in a tortoise and a turtle? One lives in the water and one doesn't. Which is which?

G and me on the train ride.



G on the cow. She remembers when she and two other China sisters sat on this same cow two years ago. And no sunburn for either of us today.  G kept checking my arm too.

It is raining/pouring now. Glad I got the yard mowed.

4 comments:

Vivian M said...

Yay no sunburn! Looks like you had a wonderful time at the zoo!

Couchkat said...

We have some pics of Sophie with that same millipede on her hands. That thing looked so nasty!

Super Mommy said...

Looks like fun! Love the pic of you two!

The Byrd Family said...

I can't wait to go to the zoo! Wonderful pictures.