Thursday, May 08, 2008

She is Home

Thank you all for your sweet comments and prayers. Mom came home today. They said it wasn't a heart attack, Thank You Jesus!! But in the CT scan they found some lesions on her liver which may or may not mean anything but she is to go have them checked out by her primary care physician.

Now on to the conversation with G. I told G that Grammie was in the hospital. She asked, "Why? Who is sick." 

I told her Grammie was sick that her heart hurt. So when we talked to Grammie on the phone G said, "Grammie, why did you heart hurt you and make you sick?" 

Then she asked, "Grammie are you in Grandaddy's hospital?" She remembers visiting him last year. She asked where was Grandad going to sleep and the whole deal.

Later, when we were getting ready for bed G said, "Grandaddy is to big to sweep on dat couch." I said that Grandad would probably be uncomfortable there. 

She said, "Why is he stayin'?" I said that anytime someone was in the hospital someone else needed to always stay with them. 

She said, "Mama, if you hafta go, den I will stay but we need to bwing some toys, just a some toys." I must say that I think G was more concerned for my dad than my mom, heh.


They both came by here after getting home and then we all went to eat. Grammie made a comment about stinking so G sniffed her and agreed that she "stinked" heh!! But that is over and my parents didn't even bother to call my brother in San Diego. They don't read the blog like none of my family so they won't know by reading it. My parents philosophy is that if you can't do anything about it why bother knowing it? I will say that sometimes that is very frustrating!! Sometimes knowing helps!!

13 comments:

mommy24treasures said...

I have been checking on and off, glad she is home. I will be praying the lesions are no big deal.
My brother doesn't read my blog either.

Kerri said...

Glad her heart checked out fine and hope you get the same news on the liver lesions.
Kerri and Ruby

Vivian M said...

Good news, and hope that the liver lesions are not anything serious.
Glenys is adorable, I love how our little girls think!

Julie said...

So glad for the good news! Glenys sounds like a treasure. So young with such a sweet heart!

Wendy said...

So glad to hear that she's home and things are better!!!

youcantstoptheblog said...

I'm so happy she's home and things are ok. What a good heart Glenys has.
Not knowing health news is such a double-edged sword; you either induce worry for no reason or you don't tell and someone misses the opportunity to be with an ill family member.
I hope all turns out well with her liver.

Johnny said...

Glad to hear the good news. And I love hearing Glenys' take on life.

Briana's Mom said...

So glad to hear your mom is ok!

Lauri said...

Just catching up on posts- hope all is well with your Mom & she is feeling better soon

The Princess's Mommy said...

Glad your mom is home and doing well. Hope the other tests come back OK.

Kelley said...

I'm glad that everything has been OK so far...I'll be praying that things continue to go well!

Couchkat said...

Thank Goodness your mom's okay!

laurel said...

Glad she is home!