Saturday, May 31, 2008

What We Did Today:






Well today started off earlier than usual for a Sat. We picked up my friend Shay and headed off to the farmer's market. We picked up some honey for Grandad and two plants for us. Then we road the trolley on the downtown loop. That was kind of fun, esp. since it was G's first time.


Then we went back to Shay's house and helped her plant her purchased plant. I took some of her oregano that is going nuts in her herb bed. Then we all went to Pei Wei for lunch. Then G had an ice cream "comb" at the Baskin Robbins. Shay and her hubby went home at this point.

G and I headed back down town because I thought I had left my glasses on the trolley. We waited at a trolley pickup point and checked put they weren't there. This trolley pickup point is at a fountain of sorts that people turn into a water park down town. G got to join in the fun in her clothes as is was not a planned stop for us. So after that I stripped her down and put on her daycare spares (panties) and came home.

G fell asleep but when we got home she insisted that she was just "restin'" and that she did NOT fall asleep even though I took a pic and turned off the Christmas music we have been playing non stop in the car. Yes, I know it is May 31 and yes we are listening to Christmas music, singing poudly and loudly to the songs. I am tired and yes we missed the official nap.

9 comments:

The Byrd Family said...

I LOVE her braids.....she looks so adorable!

Lottie watches Christmas movies all year long.

nikki said...

FUN day! But, I can see why she needed a rest on the way home...Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way!

amy said...

how wonderful! SHe is precious.Hope we get to visit again sometime!

Couchkat said...

Love that water pic! Did you get your glasses back?

Vivian M said...

Sorry you lost your glasses. Kerri listens to Chanukah music all year long in the car too. It's pretty festive, so why not?
And of COURSE Glenys was just resting. Sheesh Mom, get it right!

laurel said...

Love the braids and her overalls. You can tell the day was pure fun by the fact she was asleep in the car.

Craig & Cindy said...

I so love the pic with her hair in the water...! Oh and Pei Wei is Craig's absolute favorite place to eat. I love the red hot sauce on the table gobs!

Cindy

Nicole said...

LOVE this post! How cute is she!?! She looks so cute in her braids too.

mommy24treasures said...

oh what a great day! We watched a Christmas move on our trip because I knew it was one movie that would keep Caityln's attention. Polar Express is about it for her. I use it wisely;)