Wednesday, June 18, 2008

G Conversations

So this turned out to be a not so wordless Wed, but I have to post this before I forget. Remember Ellie in a previous post. She was injured very badly and has now lost her hand. So last night we were in bed, and I was praying, trying not to get frustrated with the stay awake attempts. So in my out loud prayer I pray for Ellie and her hand injury and Ellen (mentioned a while ago) and her cancer to 1) pray for both of them and 2) remind me that not falling asleep is such a minor issue.

But G gets the girls all confused and asked all kinds of questions about how she broke her hand. Anyway, as I was explaining that she does know Ellen who is older than G by 2 months she doesn't know Ellie who is 8.

G in her continued state of questioning and confusion asks me why Ellen is older than her. This age thing is a big deal to G and that is why we will not be adopting a same age child or older than G child when we have the opportunity to adopt. So in her 4 year old reasoning she said, "I guess her nannies yet her mommy come get her faster. And I guess my nannies didn't yet you come to me faster."

I said, "Yes, baby I guess that is why. God had in His perfect time for me to come get you and your nannies needed to be with you longer."


No need to go into the whole birth thing when the loss of a hand threw her little mind into such confusion. Even this morning, her first real comment to me was "mama, why did she broke her arm" (seemingly out of the blue). Poor kid tried to figure it out all night and woke up thinking of it this morning.

7 comments:

AZMom said...

What a sweet kind caring little girl you have there. :-)

AZMom said...

By the way, I tried to register for the pay per post thing and it wouldn't let me. It just kept reloading the create an account page when I hit submit. Ideas?

The Princess's Mommy said...

Oh bless her heart...don't you just wonder sometimes what goes through their little minds. She's precious!

Christy said...

AWWWW!!! THAT IS SWEET. IT IS FUNNY HOW THEY REALLY INTERNALIZE ALL THIS STUFF AND EVEN JUST INNOCENT COMMENTS THAT WE MAKE THEY INTERNALIZE. MY BOYS WILL HEAR ME SAY SOMETHING TO A FRIEND AND HOURS LATER/ EVEN DAYS LATER, WILL ASK ABOUT IT. THEY REALLY PAY ATTENTION-- IT IS SCARY!!

CHRISTY :)

Vivian M said...

Kerri can mull over the weirdest things and bring them up days later, and we have to scramble to remember the conversation!

Briana's Mom said...

That is definitely a lot for her to take in. She is a sweetie though!

mommy24treasures said...

she is such a sweet child.