Sunday, June 08, 2008

Guess Who Has A Temper-temper?

That is right, G. It is up to 102.1. She has been slightly lethargic and extremely hot but who'd of thought it was a temperature?

We had been in MS all day in the heat. So this evening we finally took it, I say finally because she spent the night with grandparents last night and was running one then too, and today it was 102.1. So she is now in a tepid bath playing. Dad agreed to take vacay tomorrow to keep her. I will grab my work tomorrow and stay home Tuesday with her. She has to be 24 hours without temperature to go to school.

Anyway the word "temper-temper" is what G calls a temperature or even taking her temperature. So needless to say I feel like a terrible mom because I have left her in the care of her grandparents without realizing she was sick.

We had a family reunion today and she hung out with grandad mostly coming in to see me and my mom when she needed a hug or a drink. When we got back home I took a nap on the couch while she burned with temperature watching Noggin on TV. I hate when she is sick because there really isn't anything I can do for her. She has had the first dose of motrin and a dose of zyrtec. I figure somewhere around 2am she will need the tylenol. Ugh! I would rather be sick myself than to have her feel so badly.

10 comments:

Super Mommy said...

Sending good vibes to Glenys - hopefully her temper temper will go away.

Donna said...

I hope Glenys feels better really quick. I love those mangled words like temper-temper; I wish I had written more of them down.

Don & Denise Sullivan said...

Poor Glenys..it's no fun being sick...especially during summer! Hope her temp goes down soon. She probably just wants to veg..whether at the grandparents or at home...she probably doesn't care since she's not feeling up to par. She'll be up and running around again before you know it.

amy said...

Oh I hope she is feeling better soon and congrats on that rockin prize again

Vivian M said...

Don't feel guilty, your parents have more experience than you do at parenting and even they did not notice she was sick.
Kerri is not one to complain, so sometimes it is very hard to know when she is feeling under the weather.
I hope Glenys feels better real soon.

fricke92 said...

Don't let that guilt get to you. (Trust me, there will be lots more that will get to you as she gets older!) I always miss when my kids are sick. My daughter is always warm to the touch so it's impossible to tell if she's running a fever without taking her temp. And I always missed the ear infections on my son...would take him in for a well baby visit only to learn he had raging ear infections. It happens to the best of us, you are in good company!!!

Hope Glenys is feeling better soon!

kris said...

Hope she feels better soon Beverly- it sucks to watch the ones you love be sick!

Lisa said...

So sorry she is sick. Ana Claire had similar symptoms last weekend and into the beginning of last week. She ran a fever for 4 days. She now is left with a runny nose. I hope she feels better soon. Being sick with a fever is never any fun.

AZMom said...

A temper temper is what my son used to call a tantrum. LOL

I hope she gets well and soon!

Big hugs to you both!

marilyn said...

Poor Glenys. I hope she's better soon!