Wednesday, June 11, 2008

How Cool Is This?

Can you see? Well let me tell you. Our city was in the line of cities to receive one of the 25 original copies of the Declaration of Independence. Yes, I went on my way home from work but didn't have my camera because I forgot about it until I was on my way home from work. So like many other people, who stopped on their way home from work, I used my cell phone. You can barely see the words, "A DECLARATION" across the top.

It is not signed because they signed one or two of the printed ones but printed a lot for disbursement actually. Twenty-five remain and the signed one is in DC on display. So how cool. I wish I could have had G come but that would have been an hour 1/2 round trip to get her and show her. But I did pick up a display poster and a fold up Frisbee or "crisbie" in G's language. Cricket is the sponsor and they were giving away t-shirts or a poster. I wanted the poster.


And there were police standing guard around it of course. I also could only lean in to get about 2 feet from it.


2 comments:

AZMom said...

that is way cool!

Vivian M said...

That is very cool!
How is Glenys feeling?