Thursday, June 05, 2008

I Hate To Do This

But Anonymous comments have forced my hand. I will no longer allow anonymous comments on this blog unless they are signed in the text and I know them either from another blog or personally. I only allowed the anon comments anyway because of my family but no more. If you don't agree with my POV great, but have the balls enough to legitimately sign your comment!! It would even be polite to leave a way to truly allow me to respond to you rather than take another day to blog about this.

Own up to it. I am owning up to all of my posts!! They are mine!! I post things that I think are fascinating or informative or funny (as in BlameBush or LOLcats). I was very glad to know that people have fm from other reasons (not that they are sick mind you). I was challenged when I heard the original conversation on the radio (I was more saddened to think that people may feel compelled to keep more secrets), and I learned and grew from well worded comments that disagreed with that radio conversation (so now I know fully there is not a sole link). That is how one learns: you have a theory, something/one challenges it, it is tested, and a new theory emerges.

But to call someone a bigot because you don't agree with them is childish. Turning the argument personally doesn't do anything to enlighten anyone, rather it is an attempt to silence some one's opinions and beliefs. You cut an argument short when name calling starts and no one learns.

And about the Law in CO. I did do my research, Anon. You need to do yours now. The law makers there did acknowledge that there will be some harm, but they did not care!! And why are you labeling anyone and making it a law that they be acknowledged by that label? By the way, the governor who signed the law didn't mention to anyone that he did it. He mentioned other laws he signed in the same day but not that one. Could it be embarrassment?

If you don't like the blog then stop reading. OR only come back when I say something that agrees with you. Which will probably be never!

Dialogue is good and welcomed, hiding behind anon comments is not. Calling names is not. Because I don't believe as you doesn't make me a bigot. It means I don't agree with you, period. You are free to have your own POV, start your own blog and share it there. I might would even stop by. I assure you I wouldn't leave an anonymous comment.

I have not threatened any group of people. I have not said others should be harmed in anyway. I have simply summarized some very important happenings in the US. I put the FM link out there to spark discussion only. My post after even said that I wouldn't be surprised if the women Dr. Ney saw were misdiagnosed.

I really can take the heat my posts generate. I appreciate well worded comments because believe it or not I do think about them. I still might not fully agree, but I will listen/read, and I might change my mind. But if you call me names, I dig in. Call it bullheaded if you want.

Now I am ready to move on, aren't you? There is a great big world out there to enjoy and talk about. There are silly conversations to have with 4 year olds. I would prefer to have them with 4 year olds not grown ups who act like 4 year olds.

4 comments:

Vivian M said...

Bev, one of the things I really like about you is that you are never afraid to agree to disagree, to talk it out or listen to a different point of view, and always handle it with respect and intelligence. It's a free country, and everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the difference is when one is open and honest and willing to listen, versus resorting to childish behaviour, name calling or refusing to listen to an opposing thought or opinion.
You have my respect and admiration in that regard.

Yoli said...

Bev, how is harrasing you? Honestly, it has to be a very narrow minded person. You have always been an intelligent and considerate blogger. This is your blog. You owe no one an apology or an explanation. They can lump it.

Ellie Monster said...

One of my favorite things about you is your ability to have an opinion and ask others what their opinion might be. You don't allow differences of opinions to dilute your vision of what makes up the whole person. Instead of it being a negative, it is something to charge discussion, further education, and develop friendships. I admire your honesty and openness to "take it" and fooey (yes, I said "fooey" and I meant it) on those who can't understand your desire to spearhead an adult discussion.
It brings me back to what my mother told me when I was a child... if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!!! (Of course now if I don't have anything nice to say I blog about it, ha ha ha!)

Tasha said...

Since you brought it up (and only since you brought it up....) any chance you will be retiring from doing posts from LOLCats?!?!?!

i hate those stupid (bleep)(bleep)(bleeping) #@*&%$)! cats.

Whew.. that felt good.