Tuesday, June 10, 2008

In Which She Tries to Decapitate Herself

She fell off this or with this....










landing on the arm of this....













causing this on her neck.




Giving me and her grammie a heart attack in the process.
Every time I think of it I praise God that she didn't hit the arm of the chair so hard and it only grazed the skin otherwise it could have broken her voice box. Ugh, that is all we need. First, the fever then this!
And yes she is fine and we planted some irises in the yard that I got from the renters. I have a whole post I need to do about the rental property.
But first a conversation with G. Last night as she was falling asleep, she wasn't able to breathe through her stopped up nose so I would pinch her nose making her open her mouth. Well she must have been dreaming because she said, "Well, if we be quiet we can sneak up on them." I said, "Sneak up on whom?" She said, (frustrated) "We can sneak up on the tur..." at which point she fell back asleep. I guess she was talking about turtles because earlier in the day she and her grandad took a "walkin' in "grammie's forrest."

8 comments:

AZMom said...

OUCH!! That is scary! I am glad she is okay!

What a cute conversation for her to have when she is mostly asleep!

Chloe's Mama said...

I'll bet that your heart skipped a few beats when Glenys did that!! Yikes! I'm so glad she wasn't hurt worse.

Conversations are darling, as always!!

Kelley

Don & Denise Sullivan said...

OW! What a scary thing to go through. I just moved Nate's step stool away from his crib because I'm afraid he'll soon figure out how to catapult himself over the top and land on it. I'm glad Glenys is ok, despite her "raspberry".

amy said...

Oh my friend, how scary! Glad she let you take a pic..We want to come to Memphis again!

Vivian M said...

ouch!!! I am grateful it was not worse, but poor Glenys, that had to hurt. Hope she recovers soon.
I think my heart stopped while I was scrolling down the pictures!

Briana's Mom said...

EEEEKKKKK! I think I would have passed out seeing that! Glad she is ok!

Super Mommy said...

Poor baby - hope she feels better soon! My girls are always freaking me out getting on my computer chair (with wheels).

fricke92 said...

Ouch! It's amazing what kids can do and be not much worse for wear!